Sunday River So Far - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    ill be there tomorrow, maybe Saturday, probably loon sunday. gotta figure out lodging now.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

They were blowing the top end of Obsession this morning when I came in. Snowbound had been blown previously and they knocked over the whales, just cat tracks on it for now, but they're getting close!

Regarding the hazards on Gnarnia. Those were all there last year, as someone noted previously. But to hit those obstacles, you had to hike up from Aurora, and once people did that, the skiing was so good on Risky and American that few bothered with Gnarnia. This year, they'll have lift service there. Things could be a whole lot different.
    lovin life,

Bob

booked motel 6 Portland tonight, a place in Gorham NH fri and sat nights. 30 from river, 60 from loon. options.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    They were blowing the top end of Obsession this morning when I came in. Snowbound had been blown previously and they knocked over the whales, just cat tracks on it for now, but they're getting close!

Regarding the hazards on Gnarnia. Those were all there last year, as someone noted previously. But to hit those obstacles, you had to hike up from Aurora, and once people did that, the skiing was so good on Risky and American that few bothered with Gnarnia. This year, they'll have lift service there. Things could be a whole lot different.
    We enjoyed gnarnia a couple times last year. It really was nice. But I'm generally pretty cautious so had my guard up. No worse than year before - but less traffic to uncover the junk. This year the tree crap is worse - probably avoid it - even the part below three mile - they left a lot of obstacles from widening lift line over the summer.

Never did end up doing anything on Spruce last year. Took a year off the Boyne pass when I moved out of Maine so only made it to the River early and late season.

Great to hear about Obsession! Sounds like they might be close.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    booked motel 6 Portland tonight, a place in Gorham NH fri and sat nights. 30 from river, 60 from loon. options.
    Gorham is one of my favorite locations to stay. SR, Wildcat, Attitash, Cannon, Loon all a very reasonable trip away.

Well, folks, seems I may have mislead some of you. It is not the upper part of obsession they are blowing snow on, it is the lower part, from Snowbound down past the White Heat quad onto Road runner. Just want to clear that up.

I had some friends come up today, and the skiing was pretty good. All that maintenance snow they pasted out there has had a great effect. Just before we left, we saw a group of 16, perhaps, ski down American Express under the guns. More terrain!!!

And some freshies coming tomorrow in the for of natural. It'll be a great weekend!
    lovin life,

Bob

Well, folks, seems I may have mislead some of you. It is not the upper part of obsession they are blowing snow on, it is the lower part, from Snowbound down past the White Heat quad onto Road runner. Just want to clear that up.

I had some friends come up today, and the skiing was pretty good. All that maintenance snow they pasted out there has had a great effect. Just before we left, we saw a group of 16, perhaps, ski down American Express under the guns. More terrain!!!

And some freshies coming tomorrow in the for of natural. It'll be a great weekend!
    Shucks. Any word on what other trails are just about ready? Snow reporting has been scarce on what trails are next to come online since they struggled to make some of their advertised openings this fall.

Well.... American Express and Overdraft opened up, but it was under the guns. Snowbound and obsession can't be far away. But they are also running tons of guns, most easily seen on Grand Rapids and Downdraft.

Their report also shows them blowing snow on Sirius and lights out, as well as Airglow and Northern Lights. Looks like Aurora basin is next to open up, as they work to get some terrain over to Jordan. Once they get Jordan open, they tend to fill in the gaps in the trails after that. And with the 4-6 inches coming tomorrow and even more coming about Thursday, things will be looking up real fast!
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information