Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    Thanks for the quick response Mt Snow. Great that you're part of our community and information flow. I'll make sure I just park in the main lots as per previous seasons.

One last question and I'll stop bothering you as I'm sure you've got more important things to handle. I just received an email about Cyber Monday deals. Most seem great and I'll probably take advantage of one or two, but I was looking at reviews of the Snow Lake Lodge offer and am disturb. Is this property part of Mt Snow? I want to bring my ski activity and friends to your area, but is this Lodge as rundown as it is reviewed? I don't require first class lodging all the time, but with a large family and friends I also don't want to be embarrassed if some of the reviews are true. Your candor is appreciated.
    Thank you.
    It's not the newest place we own, and you pay for what you get, so $60 per night at a ski area...I'll let you decide from there, but I'll say it's really popular with budget concious college kids. If you're bringing friends, I'd suggest the Grand Summit Hotel, or one of our many condos!

Firing snowmaking back up once we get the temps on Sunday. Resurfacing, fortifying, expanding width, and prepping for additional terrain will be the name of the game. Probably a 36 hour run.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    They are available at the window as well.
    cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    You guys doing the Sunday sleeper thing again this year?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    As someone who hasn't skied Mount Snow before...

Sunday sleeper thing?

-w
    2017-2018 - 4
    Okemo (11/12)
    Wachusett (11/25)
    Loon (12/8 )
    Bretton Woods (12/9)
    2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    Most seem great and I'll probably take advantage of one or two, but I was looking at reviews of the Snow Lake Lodge offer and am disturb. Is this property part of Mt Snow? I want to bring my ski activity and friends to your area, but is this Lodge as rundown as it is reviewed? I don't require first class lodging all the time, but with a large family and friends I also don't want to be embarrassed if some of the reviews are true. Your candor is appreciated.
    Thank you.
    It's pretty dilapidated...it'll get the axe within 5-10 years I'd imagine. It's supposed to get torn down in the master plan. The rooms are very small with paper thin walls. Last time I stayed there was 2015 and I don't think TV's were flatscreens. Breakfast is good, indoor/outdoor pools are good. Location is incredible for the price. In management's defense they price it like its a 55-year-old, crumbling, neglected ski lodge that's on its last leg. There used to be a wraparound deck that went around the whole Snow Lake Lodge...they took it down about a decade ago...take that fact and make your own interpretations as to why!

I would recommend checking out The Lodge at Mount Snow, which is 50 feet above the Snow Lake Lodge. Much better place, imo, for the same price typically. Hot buffet breakfast in-season is the kicker.

If you're trying to make a good impression with family I wouldn't stay there. That's coming from a bare-bones lodging guy, who,to put that in perspective, means I haven't paid $100+ per night at a hotel in...in...I honestly don't know.
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thanks to everyone responding as I appreciate the intel.

Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    As someone who hasn't skied Mount Snow before...

Sunday sleeper thing?

-w
    $39 Sunday Afternoon lift tickets. Or you can get a family 4 pack for just $99.

Ok, so what else do you guys want to know?

I hope Mt Snow is gonna be Late Season player now. With all this Snowmaking power you can lay down some serious base depths especially on the North Face and Ski well into May!!! A lot closer than Killington for most.

A little inside track info for you all on Cyber Monday.
    https://www.mountsnow.com/tickets-passes/cyber-monday/

Thread Information