• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

tumbler

What was that heat map thing someone posted on here a while ago? That was cool to see the stashes people were skiing.

Jully

Any questions about the coming season?
Write them below and we'll get back to you at the start of next week.

Have a great weekend!

Changes to the general trail rollout plan? Last year opening with a trail on Northface you had actually one of ghe most fun trails open for awhile. Is the plan to still start with an advanced option? Plan for more trails over there sooner?

sull1102

Any work done in the trees? Especially Olympic Glades and Ridge area...

Also any noticeable improvements in mountain outside of Carinthia? (Not that anything needed it just curious if I should be on the lookout for new stuff :) )

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

sull1102

Will the new Carinthia lodge be ready on opening day?
It should be really, really, really close based on how far along it was just a week or two ago when I was in Dover. They have really picked up the tempo since the spring, even just the last 8 weeks it feels like they clicked it into high gear to get this thing done. I bet Sneaux will want to have the lodge open for a day or two BEFORE Thanksgiving weekend and those crowds(not terribly large but still counts) arrive. So many people are looking forward to their first day in the new building!

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Changes to the general trail rollout plan? Last year opening with a trail on Northface you had actually one of ghe most fun trails open for awhile. Is the plan to still start with an advanced option? Plan for more trails over there sooner?

Too early to release details, but we're going ot be aiming for another very agressive opening snowmaking plan as we did last year. With this new snowmaking system our plan in to open as much terrain as physically possible, as fast as possible, once we get the temps. We really liked owning the title of most open terrain in the US for the first 6 weeks of last year's season.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Any work done in the trees? Especially Olympic Glades and Ridge area...

Also any noticeable improvements in mountain outside of Carinthia? (Not that anything needed it just curious if I should be on the lookout for new stuff :) )

This year was really about focusing on the Carinthia Lodge. That being said, we have a couple other great updates, such as an expansion and renovation of our craft beer bar Canned.

As for on-mountain, we have couple projects here and there. The biggest change will be that we're moving away from the North and South lines at The Bluebird, and instead running it with just a Northside line, just like we did at the end of the season last year.

chuckstah

Any plans for a late October rail jam/ski day/photo opp on Discovery as done in the past?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

drjeff

Any new shiny red groomer purchases this year? I know that 3 of them arrived prior to/during last season, just curious if any more of the fleet will be replaced this year?

urungus

Not at the moment. The next lift we're looking to replace will be Sunbrook.

That would be a great upgrade, assuming you are going with a high speed replacement, it would have virtually the entire mountain accessable via high speed lift.

sull1102

This year was really about focusing on the Carinthia Lodge. That being said, we have a couple other great updates, such as an expansion and renovation of our craft beer bar Canned.

As for on-mountain, we have couple projects here and there. The biggest change will be that we're moving away from the North and South lines at The Bluebird, and instead running it with just a Northside line, just like we did at the end of the season last year.
Awesome news on Canned! Glad to see that idea working out and being built upon.

No God please no no no no (think Michael Scott gif) to the Bluebird lift line changes. It makes it a brutal pain in the behind if you come down on the Grand Summit side and have to skate all the way down then go back where you came from.

In all honesty it's not the end of the world and really appreciate having that tiny bit of insider knowledge about the change of plans.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Awesome news on Canned! Glad to see that idea working out and being built upon.

No God please no no no no (think Michael Scott gif) to the Bluebird lift line changes. It makes it a brutal pain in the behind if you come down on the Grand Summit side and have to skate all the way down then go back where you came from.

In all honesty it's not the end of the world and really appreciate having that tiny bit of insider knowledge about the change of plans.

We're really excitied for Canned. It's been a great addition so far to the Main Base Lodge and this should really help with the flow of people through there, making it easier for everyone to get the craft beers they desire.

As for the Bluebird Line, while it might be a bit of a shuffle when you're coming out of the Grand Summit. It really makes the line flow better which is really the most important thing.

As for