Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    I hear Mt Snow calls all the shots down there
    Not at all.

Get ready for another big snowmaking push starting Wednesday once we get the temps.

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    Get ready for another big snowmaking push starting Wednesday once we get the temps.
    Any ideas on how much time you guys will spend re-surfacing vs expanding? Okemo says Jackson gore will open up Friday...
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Any ideas on how much time you guys will spend re-surfacing vs expanding? Okemo says Jackson gore will open up Friday...
    We'll release the plan for resurfacing and expansion here shortly.

Looks like a real long stretch of sm temps starting late this week and getting better through next week.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Looks like a real long stretch of sm temps starting late this week and getting better through next week.
    Time to see what this new system can really do.

Do you know if the plan is to blow snow continually on Saturday and Sunday while the mountain is operating? If so, information on where would be great... I know it is still early, so we're eagerly awaiting the posting of your plans.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    Do you know if the plan is to blow snow continually on Saturday and Sunday while the mountain is operating? If so, information on where would be great... I know it is still early, so we're eagerly awaiting the posting of your plans.

My hunch is if mother nature cooperates with her timing and temps, as it appears now, come Saturday they'll be done with the resurfacing and onto expansion mode!

Me and my regular crew of ski buddies on the Bluebird on Sunday were placing our bets on how long we feel it will take, if the temps hold out for an extended period of time, for them to finish off all of their snowmaking terrain...

If next week is cold as their saying, I bet on the following weekend, the 16th/17th for finishing off the initial snowmaking run on all of their available snowmaking terrain.... Time will tell, and will show if I'm having apres beers bought for me or buying my ski buddies apres beers!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    something tells me you figured it out

Quick, Scotty, post a trip report and take some of this heat off me!
    It is Mountain Snow by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    My hunch is if mother nature cooperates with her timing and temps, as it appears now, come Saturday they'll be done with the resurfacing and onto expansion mode!

Me and my regular crew of ski buddies on the Bluebird on Sunday were placing our bets on how long we feel it will take, if the temps hold out for an extended period of time, for them to finish off all of their snowmaking terrain...

If next week is cold as their saying, I bet on the following weekend, the 16th/17th for finishing off the initial snowmaking run on all of their available snowmaking terrain.... Time will tell, and will show if I'm having apres beers bought for me or buying my ski buddies apres beers!
    10K K+ GPM is a lot of capacity but that's a lot of acreage. I don't think everything will be covered by then.

Thread Information