• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

drjeff

REALLY GOOD out on the hill this morning!! The most common thing being said among the group I was skiing with this morning is "is it really only December 10th??"

Snowmaking expansion into Sunbrook has also started from what I have seen near the top of Carinthia.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

At mount snow now. First day skiing this year and first day with new skis.

Good coverage but it's getting skied off in places. Considering the lack of natural snow it's really very good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jcb890

Yesterday was a fun day... sucked getting up at 3:15 AM to snow blow before driving up, but could have been worse. I was worried because my tires are getting pretty bald, but the roads weren't too bad either.

Conditions were best 1st thing in the morning, but pretty good up until we stopped at about 12:30. Some spots were getting ski'd off. Some of the skiers and riders yesterday were quite bad and taking up a lot of the trail width too, so that was a pain when it was busy, haha.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
REALLY GOOD out on the hill this morning!! The most common thing being said among the group I was skiing with this morning is "is it really only December 10th??"

Snowmaking expansion into Sunbrook has also started from what I have seen near the top of Carinthia.

We're hammering Sunbrook right now! Love these new HKD guns.

Yooper

Question On/in your Snow Report you state 5 Lifts Running but further down in Lifts you State 8. When will you be Running Canyon Express on week days? Also seems the Web Cams how error since you stopped live streams on YouTube

Glenn

It was nice seeing it snow yesterday...and some snow guns running.

WJenness

Tried to go to Mt. Snow yesterday...

Arrived at about quarter after 10.

The parking lot was a zoo.

Tried for a spot in the first lot I came to, no dice. Checked a couple other lots, then decided to head out and go to Stratton (Yay, Max pass).

Lost my $12 I had spent on the lift ticket, but still had a great day at Stratton (and likely won't use all 5 days there anyway), and it was so much quieter, snowed all day, was great.

Will have to go check Mount Snow out some other time.

-w

Cornhead

Ha, at least you only blew $12. Glad I didn't go, my buddy Dick was trying to talk me into it, he didn't go there either, Hunter.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Tried to go to Mt. Snow yesterday...

Arrived at about quarter after 10.

The parking lot was a zoo.

Tried for a spot in the first lot I came to, no dice. Checked a couple other lots, then decided to head out and go to Stratton (Yay, Max pass).

Lost my $12 I had spent on the lift ticket, but still had a great day at Stratton (and likely won't use all 5 days there anyway), and it was so much quieter, snowed all day, was great.

Will have to go check Mount Snow out some other time.

-w

Yeah...$12 plus a foot of fresh turned this place into a bit of a zoo yesterday.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Question On/in your Snow Report you state 5 Lifts Running but further down in Lifts you State 8. When will you be Running Canyon Express on week days? Also seems the Web Cams how error since you stopped live streams on YouTube

Our snowreporter got a bit confused and read the lift report for a nornal Tuesday instead of the one for Founder Day. As for the cameras, they have been refreshed and are working now. They actually were still working on our YouTube page, but just not on our site for some reason.

Founders Day was a shitshow, but once you got past the hordes of people, the skiing rocked. Felt like ropes were dropping all day, and although the fresh powder made some of the non snowmaking trails and trail sides a bit hairy, it was all in all a great day. Trip up and back sucked with traffic and weather, but still glad I went. Grand Summit quad was ski on, so while everyone was waiting for the Bluebird, we were lapping the mountain. Trail skiers right on Carinthia was the ROTD as a foot of untracked was sweet.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Founders Day was a shitshow, but once you got past the hordes of people, the skiing rocked. Felt like ropes were dropping all day, and although the fresh powder made some of the non snowmaking trails and trail sides a bit hairy, it was all in all a great day. Trip up and back sucked with traffic and weather, but still glad I went. Grand Summit quad was ski on, so while everyone was waiting for the Bluebird, we were lapping the mountain. Trail skiers right on Carinthia was the ROTD as a foot of untracked was sweet.

It never ceases to amaze us how people will wait in line for the Bluebird while Grand Summit Express is ski-on.

Jcb890

It never ceases to amaze us how people will wait in line for the Bluebird while Grand Summit Express is ski-on.
We were there on Sunday and used the Bluebird until there was a line, then went to the Grand Summit Express because it was pretty much ski-on. However, after a few runs using the GSE, we were getting a bit cold on the rides back up. When that happens, the bubble is nice to have.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
We were there on Sunday and used the Bluebird until there was a line, then went to the Grand Summit Express because it was pretty much ski-on. However, after a few runs using the GSE, we were getting a bit cold on the rides back up. When that happens, the bubble is nice to have.

Oh for sure, when it's cold the Bluebird is the call. We were more commenting on sunny nice days. That's when it's a real headscratcher.

benski

Bluebird is the greatest lift in for this reason only. Only time I used it it was 0, windy and no bump runs open.

drjeff

Just a little snowmaking action/results on display this morning! Gotta love lots of pumping capacity and single digit temps!
8f1660830d64e556bdf5799ad3381cd7.jpg
fe3041f093e3807c8e74f1d7d85d7ce3.jpg
7b01a9917b203a7123a21c0f08e00ae7.jpg