Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Things sound like they should be shaping up nice for Founders Day next Tuesday.
    Looking forward to it.

-w

2017-2018 - 4
    Okemo (11/12)
    Wachusett (11/25)
    Loon (12/8 )
    Bretton Woods (12/9)
    2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    10K K+ GPM is a lot of capacity but that's a lot of acreage. I don't think everything will be covered by then.
    Given what they already have covered, and 10 days of good to excellent snowmaking conditions, I think they have a solid chance to finish up. Possible exception is the need to put so much snow on Ripcord.......
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

10K K+ GPM is a lot of capacity but that's a lot of acreage. I don't think everything will be covered by then.
    Ditto.

Lot's of long trails need to be covered. Mineshaft and Season's Pass in Carinthia. Thanks Walt in Sunbrook. South Bowl, Ego Alley, and Roller Coaster on the Main Face. Plummet, Ripcord, Fallen Timbers, and Cute on the North Face. And then short trails like Beartrap and Yard Sale.

That's a lot of trails. And they all need setup time since they're traditional air/water setups.
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Needless to say even having the conversation is a testament to the new system. They would be looking at mid-January in past years for nearing full coverage, if not later. Very exciting.

Quick correction: Our system is 11,800 GPM

Snow report says they'll resurface everything but Nitro, Lodge, and Inferno tonight. That's a massive amount of guns going if its's true...
    Webcams show FreeFall getting some love from the guns. I need a place to ski Friday and if they don't groom it out they'd probably get my money.

Neither Okemo nor Stratton have snowmaking on their cams currently (2pm). Mount Snow has been going since late this morning and they're all the way down to the base already.
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Snow report says they'll resurface everything but Nitro, Lodge, and Inferno tonight. That's a massive amount of guns going if its's true...
    Webcams show FreeFall getting some love from the guns. I need a place to ski Friday and if they don't groom it out they'd probably get my money.

Neither Okemo nor Stratton have snowmaking on their cams currently (2pm). Mount Snow has been going since late this morning and they're all the way down to the base already.
    Stratton has had the guns on since 9am and right now looks like they have the whole skiers right of the mountain lit up. I'm sure Okemo ( and every other large resort) was doing the same.

I know this is a Mount Snow thread, but lets not get too fapping crazy

Okemo is making snow at Jackson Gore on the upper trails.

If it's true? Of course it's true. We're resurfacing on 17 trails tonight, and it's all thanks to this new snowmaking system.

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    If it's true? Of course it's true. We're resurfacing on 17 trails tonight, and it's all thanks to this new snowmaking system.
    When you resurface, do you use every gun and hydrant on the trail or use every other or every third? Curious as this varies from area to area strategy-wise.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information