• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

GregoryIsaacs

K doesn't post here, but commonly does on kzone where they get plenty of heat. I have around 35 days at Mt snow. It just isn't a big enough mountain. It doesn't have enough terrain. On a Saturday Mt snow is more crowded than k and doesn't have many places to go to avoid crowds. The trees aren't skied off by 9 because there was never enough snow in there to start with. Mt snow is doing a great job with what they have but it is too far south, too flat, not enough elevation and doesn't get enough snow.

Wow who knew that K was such a world class destination. Damn I must just not be able to handle such a high elevation..... Must be the thin oxygen. I'm glad Mount Snow isnt full of people who like to think they are skiing at Vail or Jackson Hole. Last time I checked we all experience the same ice covered and scrapped off surface that is New England Skiing.

It just so happens that putting West Lake online has given the mountain the ability to recover from warming events and provide a great product from day 1. That alone has really put them on the map in comparison to the big guys, and trust me those guys are watching. Im not trying to troll but its hard not to when you guys are so quick to bash what there is to offer, but guess what... Snow has placed themselves in a position where they arent going anywhere for a long time.

Its the vibe that brings me back, when there are "powder days" (3 inches), I would rather not be in a sprinting race with everyone else to the first lift to ski the same runs until it has been scrapped clean. Maybe this is why places like Magic are so successful.

And finally, Mount Snow has their own "kzone" but it is much different when you are willing to partake in a website like this for the whole of the New England skiing community to see. Something that many other resorts wouldn't even consider so thank you!

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Wow who knew that K was such a world class destination. Damn I must just not be able to handle such a high elevation..... Must be the thin oxygen. I'm glad Mount Snow isnt full of people who like to think they are skiing at Vail or Jackson Hole. Last time I checked we all experience the same ice covered and scrapped off surface that is New England Skiing.

It just so happens that putting West Lake online has given the mountain the ability to recover from warming events and provide a great product from day 1. That alone has really put them on the map in comparison to the big guys, and trust me those guys are watching. Im not trying to troll but its hard not to when you guys are so quick to bash what there is to offer, but guess what... Snow has placed themselves in a position where they arent going anywhere for a long time.

Its the vibe that brings me back, when there are "powder days" (3 inches), I would rather not be in a sprinting race with everyone else to the first lift to ski the same runs until it has been scrapped clean. Maybe this is why places like Magic are so successful.

And finally, Mount Snow has their own "kzone" but it is much different when you are willing to partake in a website like this for the whole of the New England skiing community to see. Something that many other resorts wouldn't even consider so thank you!

:beer:

bdfreetuna

I'm actually trying to decide right now if I'm going to Mount Snow or Killington tomorrow.

It's tough when you like both hills and each has it's advantages!

edit.. tomorrow looks icy, I'll wait

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

MountSnow rep...

I am seeing recorded temps on your site of 33 degrees base / 23 degrees summit for today. I thought it was warmer, no?

I could use your intel as I don't mind semi-firm groomers but I would like to avoid an ice day. I would also like to go to Mount Snow tomorrow and as long as the surface is relatively consistent and North Face is skiable then I will not regret it.

If the snow turned to slush up there today and/or you got undesireable precip I would appreciate a heads up so I can postpone.

slatham

MountSnow rep...

I am seeing recorded temps on your site of 33 degrees base / 23 degrees summit for today. I thought it was warmer, no?

I could use your intel as I don't mind semi-firm groomers but I would like to avoid an ice day. I would also like to go to Mount Snow tomorrow and as long as the surface is relatively consistent and North Face is skiable then I will not regret it.

If the snow turned to slush up there today and/or you got undesireable precip I would appreciate a heads up so I can postpone.

Weatherunderground has a lot of local weather stations. They may have summit and base stations. I have access through another network and the summit hit 32 and the base hit 41, both right now at 5:50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiur

Do u work for Mt snow? Mt snow employs trolls now, your first and only 4 posts are from this thread, makes sense they can't bash other mountains when logged on as Mt snow.

skiur

MountSnow rep...

Every mountain in Vermont will be ice skating tomorrow.

GregoryIsaacs

Do u work for Mt snow? Mt snow employs trolls now, your first and only 4 posts are from this thread, makes sense they can't bash other mountains when logged on as Mt snow.

I do not work for mount snow iI can assure you that... I actually live on the cape. I just heard about this website recently from friends and obviously ski at mount snow primarily.

Jcb890

That's wrong of you to associate them, the Mount Snow rep(s) who are posting in this thread and on AZ have been great, this guy... not so much.

drjeff

My hunch is that those questioning the firepower of various mountains snowmaking systems will really see what they can do about a week from now as the Christmas vacation week crowds show up after what looks like potentially damp events this weekend through Christmas day over a good chunk of ski country....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

skiur

I do not work for mount snow iI can assure you that... I actually live on the cape. I just heard about this website recently from friends and obviously ski at mount snow primarily.

Got it, your a 15 year old kid who's parents take him to Mt snow......

skiur

That's wrong of you to associate them, the Mount Snow rep(s) who are posting in this thread and on AZ have been great, this guy... not so much.

They quoted a thread where he was bashing K and gave a toast emoji, so they associated themselves with him.

Quietman

And I thought that the feeding of the trolls would end with the start of the ski season. I'm sadly disappointed.

Who loves Mt Snow vs Killington? You are sad strange little men to waste time on this debate! Oh crap, now I am one too!

Ski the Crotch!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alright guys. Let's get back on track here. There are probably 473 threads in the forum history with discussions of favorite mountains. You can have at it there.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
I can assure you that he/she does not work for us. We gave him the :beer: emoji, because we liked what he had said.

Also, I agree with Deadheadskier (nice name by the way, I'm normally the one that puts on The Dead over the entire base area music system!) Let's not make this tread about which mountain you like the best, because that is something that will never be solved on a forum. We started this tread to be able to answer your questions, respond to rumors you may have hears, and to give you all an inside line on activites and snowmaking on-hill.

I'll also let you in on a little secret, we ski Killi from time to time...