Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 66

AlpineZone

Page 66 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laxski View Post
    Looking forward to the all-out Snowmaking assault in hopefully late October this year. Any more info about the plan if the weather is good for early season Snowmaking??
    Anyone that says anything about the weather this far out is only guessing. Just hope it doesnt end up being an EL NINO this winter which is usually bad for us in the east.... they proved last year with the new system that they can be major early season players so I'm sure whenever it gets cold they will be among the first to open

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    The Sunbrook Lift is the next logical lift we'd replace.

We're also working on some plans to be able to expand the capacity of the existing lifts at the Carinthia Base Area, but that won't happen for this season.
    What would Sunbrook be replaced with?

From having gotten a look at West Lake this morning after hiking up the Haystack Mtn trail (not to be confused with the peak the summit of the Hermitage is on!) whatever the fall snowmaking rollout plan is, looks like West Lake is full to capacity with roughly 120 million gallons waiting to become snow currently!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

On their message forum, as of this past winter, Nitro will get more chairs, Heavy Metal will likely be replaced with a fixed grip quad (using most of same towers) and Sunbrook a new HSQ.

Nothing concrete there but that was their thought process.

I wonder if any thought is being given to another bubble lift in say the next 3-5 years, a quad for Sunbrook maybe, or 6 Pack at Carinthia. Maybe a Killington style move with Nitro moving back to Sunbrook and replace it with the all new Carinthia 6 Pack to accompany the new condos, hotel, and lodge. I know on the passholder forum they have openly talked about wanting to increase capacity over on that side of the mountain. Oh, and I would go bubble only because A. Mount Snow's crowd has demonstrated weekend after weekend they LOVE the bubble, BB can have a 5 minute wait while Grand Summit is ski on and B. Okemo has two, Killington now has one, Hermitage Reborn has a heated one, and a new bubble will help the marketing department 100% more than a regular detachable.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

without more terrain no need for more lift improvements. maybe sunbrook but really isn't much terrain over there anyways.
    too many people on the hill on weekends as is.

I ride with bubble up!!!!

I hope they don’t install another bubble. I liked just having the old one, especially after skiing straight into the grand summit and looking down on the 1000 people waiting for the bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by skifree View Post
    without more terrain no need for more lift improvements. maybe sunbrook but really isn't much terrain over there anyways.
    too many people on the hill on weekends as is.

I ride with bubble up!!!!
    Agreed.. How about expanding off the backside of the mountain, to the skiers left of North Face (think hunter pod)? Looks like it has some great pitches! That would totally make people wanna ski the sunbrook quad

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    I wonder if any thought is being given to another bubble lift in say the next 3-5 years, a quad for Sunbrook maybe, or 6 Pack at Carinthia. Maybe a Killington style move with Nitro moving back to Sunbrook and replace it with the all new Carinthia 6 Pack to accompany the new condos, hotel, and lodge. I know on the passholder forum they have openly talked about wanting to increase capacity over on that side of the mountain. Oh, and I would go bubble only because A. Mount Snow's crowd has demonstrated weekend after weekend they LOVE the bubble, BB can have a 5 minute wait while Grand Summit is ski on and B. Okemo has two, Killington now has one, Hermitage Reborn has a heated one, and a new bubble will help the marketing department 100% more than a regular detachable.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Yes, and decided a more effective approach is the aforementioned items...

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmountainskier View Post
    What would Sunbrook be replaced with?
    Some sort of detachable high-speed lift. Either a quad or six-pack most likely. Too early to commit to anything though.

Thread Information