• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Thanks!! Are the cans meant for consumption solely within the confines of Canned, or will be be able to purchase them and take them home with us? I'm guessing that purchasing and consuming in the general seating area of the main base lodge won't be allowed, just like one can't take a drink out of Cuzzin's or out of the Taproom now....

Actually, we're in the process of extending our license to the entire main base lodge, meaning that you'll be free to wander with your beverage.

Pez

Looks like there might be a lift problem at mt snow today. grand summit seems to be shut down and the line fore the blue bird is huge.

drjeff

Looks like there might be a lift problem at mt snow today. grand summit seems to be shut down and the line fore the blue bird is huge.
Was running with some extended (1 to 2 minutes) stops the 2 times I rode it this morning.. my oldest kid said they closed it for a little while mid day, but it was back running per my youngest mid afternoon.

Definitely a holiday sized crowd in the main base area. Minimal lines elsewhere, even at Carinthia, when I was out from 8:30 until 11ish....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com

The problem was a malfunction of the braking system. Thankfully though our Lift Maintenance crew were able to repair it fairly quickly. Overall the cold is not a friend to mechanical systems, this weather tests the ability of hydraulics and electronics to function properly. We apologize for the inconvenience, not what we wanted on a busy day.

GregoryIsaacs

Anything you guys want to know?
Go ahead and ask!

Have you guys ever thought of having volunteer glade cutting days throughout the summer? I've noticed that some trees (the plunge) needs some love.. too many face-shot saplings

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Have you guys ever thought of having volunteer glade cutting days throughout the summer? I've noticed that some trees (the plunge) needs some love.. too many face-shot saplings

We actually have, we're working through the logistics of that idea currently. If it's a go, I'll be sure to announce them on here!

drjeff

Snowmaking plans the rest of the season.... Strictly resurfacing when needed, or some planned extended spring base building runs on core trails when a favorable stretch/stretches of weather arrive??

Also any plans on putting that shiny new Pisten Bully 600 winch cat to use on the glacial surface that Ripcord currently is to get it back in play??

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Snowmaking plans the rest of the season.... Strictly resurfacing when needed, or some planned extended spring base building runs on core trails when a favorable stretch/stretches of weather arrive??

Also any plans on putting that shiny new Pisten Bully 600 winch cat to use on the glacial surface that Ripcord currently is to get it back in play??

Our snowmaking plan changes from week to week depending on the weather and conditions, so I can't really give you any insight into that.

As for using the winch cat on Ripcord, it's on the list, but it was out of commision for a little bit with a cable issue. Back in action now though. I'll put in a note with grooming that you'd like to see it groomed.

laxski

Heading up tomorrow with 6 guys for our annual trip. Hopefully Mt Snow will fire up the Snowmaking system to do a major resurfacing similar to MLK weekend after this rainy system moves thru. I’ve been telling these guys that the mountain will be Skiing great in a day or 2???

skiur

That's pretty weak with everything Mt snow was talking early season, how do you hype up your new snowmaking and not turn it on till the weekend after yesterday's rain?