• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

drjeff

I can only imagine going to the bottom of the North Face with no lifts. Guess I would take the snowmobile/maintenance trail that brings you to Sundance.

Sunbrook would also be rough, but a short hike up Beartrap hurt nobody.

Both of those hikes out actually arent't as daunting as one would think based on service roads. The hike out of the Northface back over to One More Time/Snowdance is basically the maybe 150ft or so elevation gain you see the road (the original Somerset Rd) make behind the bottom terminal of the Challenger lift, and then maybe a half mile basically flat section on over to One More Time.

The hike out of Sunbrook is similar, in that the only climbing one needs to do is up the bottom of Milky Way to the corner, and then there's a basically flat work road that takes you over to Fools Gold near where the Bear's Crossing Trail breaks off.

I've done them both many times in the summer. Aside from having to make the hike in ski boots, given that both of those work roads usually see regular cat and/or snowmobile/ATV traffic, you'd be on packed snow for both, so it wouldn't be as daunting as trekking through deep snow

Jcb890

Was there Monday and Tuesday. Booked on property for Monday night. Given impending storm, I went early.

Tried to get included pass for Monday afternoon. Online and a discussion indicated discount passes for on property stay. Nope. Half day $86.

Very few lifts operating. Trails that dead end to no lift support not marked. Great conditions. Beautiful weather. I certainly enjoyed the skiing. But not the guest relations or half mile walk back to lift.
Sounds like someone was ducking ropes maybe?

I have never seen the trails open that would allow you to get somewhere with a closed lift. They always rope off the trail(s).

benski

Both of those hikes out actually arent't as daunting as one would think based on service roads. The hike out of the Northface back over to One More Time/Snowdance is basically the maybe 150ft or so elevation gain you see the road (the original Somerset Rd) make behind the bottom terminal of the Challenger lift, and then maybe a half mile basically flat section on over to One More Time.

My Grandfather tells me when he skied mount snow this was the only way to ski the north face and in particular Jaws. This has to be the early 60 or late 50's.

Newpylong

I am pretty sure there was also a tow up the first uphill climb of Somerset road for a few years until.the double went in on the North Face too?

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Snowmaking Announcement for 3/31:

As part of our commitment to delivering the best possible snow conditions to our guests, we’re going to go ahead and fire up the most powerful snowmaking system in the Northeast for a quick resurface on a few of our most popular trails, this Friday night into Saturday.

No, this isn’t an early April Fools joke, we just want to be sure some of your favorite trails will be skiing at the level you’ve come to expect from us for the last few weeks of the season. The plan is to run from around 2 am to around 10 am on Saturday morning on Canyon, Snowdance, Long John, and potentially one or two others.

This, paired with the amazing job our grooming fleet does each night, should set us up for an amazing Spring Festival Season here at Mount Snow, which continues this weekend with our 10th Annual Winter Brewers Festival, and caps off with next weekend’s Minus Zero Festival.

GregoryIsaacs

As part of our commitment to delivering the best possible snow conditions to our guests, we’re going to go ahead and fire up the most powerful snowmaking system in the Northeast for a quick resurface on a few of our most popular trails, this Friday night into Saturday.

No, this isn’t an early April Fools joke, we just want to be sure some of your favorite trails will be skiing at the level you’ve come to expect from us for the last few weeks of the season. The plan is to run from around 2 am to around 10 am on Saturday morning on Canyon, Snowdance, Long John, and potentially one or two others.

This, paired with the amazing job our grooming fleet does each night, should set us up for an amazing Spring Festival Season here at Mount Snow, which continues this weekend with our 10th Annual Winter Brewers Festival, and caps off with next weekend’s Minus Zero Festival.

Wow.... pretty impressive. Guess some good comes out of seeing all those day passes on the jackets recently. Last weekend brought crowds that made Christmas week look like Thanksgiving. Keep up the good work!

njdiver85

Pretty cool to hear that Mt Snow is resurfacing some of their trails. Could they be the only mountain in the US that is making snow this weekend?

mtsnow123

Mount Snow: I see that there is netting up at the base area between the Grand Summit Express and the Bluebird, and an excavator digging. Any input as for what they're doing?

skifree

Beer fest and long john.
Buckle up if your on that run late afternoon

jaytrem

I am pretty sure there was also a tow up the first uphill climb of Somerset road for a few years until.the double went in on the North Face too?

I was able to verify that with an "oldtimer" a few years ago. Probably not too many people still skiing that remember it.

prsboogie

Cannot wait for the Brewers Fest and our first Easter on Snow! Great commitment to get to the finish line!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk