Boot Liners...Wrap around or Tongues?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boot Liners...Wrap around or Tongues?

As a side from the other boot thread. Which type do you prefer?
    I like tongues as my legs are bald from the shin down from wrap around liners pulling out my hair and twisting my socks slowly. Summers are ugly I get a lot of weird looks LOL.

I seem to have less overheating with tongues . Two small air channel spaces to my ankles with the tongues?
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

Only ever had tongues, don't know really know much about wrap arounds! Sounds unpleasant though.

Once you get wrap around Intuition type liners you never go back. I've skied them for at least the past 10 years. Better comfort and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Once you get wrap around Intuition type liners you never go back. I've skied them for at least the past 10 years. Better comfort and performance.
    Disagree. Didn't like the wrap around Intuition liners on my old Kryptons. Had them remolded three times and never found them all that comfortable.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Absolutely love intuition power wraps!!!
    I struggle to get a tongue to sit properly on my shin, the wraps are awesome.
    That's not even mentioning the full custom molding of the intuitions either!

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Disagree. Didn't like the wrap around Intuition liners on my old Kryptons. Had them remolded three times and never found them all that comfortable.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    My old Kryptons were never comfortable regardless of the liner. My foot is so wide that even my old Panterras gave me some issues.

Same as Hawkshot I dislike the tongue liners because the seams where the tongue contacts my shins just never sit right. The wraparound liner is seamless in comparison and I feel transmits shin pressure much more evenly. My new 2 ski day old Panterra 120's have the Intuitions.

It's good there are so many choices in this regard because feet seem to be like fingerprints, no two alike.

Soloman Quest 130"s wrap around..awesome so far.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Seems like it would an individual choice based on how well the boot/liner fits. I'm quite fond on the Intuition liner in my Full Tilts, but I also really liked a pair of Solomon Quests that I gave to one of my sons (yeah, similar feet). The Solomon had the standard tongue liner and it was comfy as a bedroom slipper. I had some issues as the performance of that boot which was a bit too soft, but, man, was it comfy.
    But in the past I also had really crappy tongue liners/boots where the fit was just so, so. The tongue would tend to move where it wasn't supposed and create a pressure point. To me, it's all about the fit. The liner is less important.
    Live for today

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Overheating in a skiboot Siliconebob....
    HaHa ...Most of my skiing is in Pa. after all....
    I'm partial to Velour type fabric that Dalbello uses vs the texture that Intuitions have, sort of a raised grid system ? Just a personal preference .
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

I had some shin bang issues after switching to power wraps, but replacing my power strap with a booster strap run inside the shell (only behind the liner) has completely solved that problem. Made the boots and liners flex better too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information