Whiteface Mountain Question - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I've been to LP and WF plenty on New Years and I can tell you that the Mountain is usually sketchy at best. Usually not any where near fully open and most very likely very icy. March on the other hand is when WF comes into it's own, usually. LP is a fun place to be on New Year's however.

I agree with majority. March.

Christmas is probably more fun in Lake Placid, but odds of good skiing seem much higher in March.

Two of my favorite chairs, Plattekill double, Gore High Peaks Chair.

Madonna rocks of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    I've been to LP and WF plenty on New Years and I can tell you that the Mountain is usually sketchy at best
    That's the Whiteface ski report for approximately 2/3 of the season.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Two great mountains that most east coast skiers have never skied at.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I skied Gore for the first time last year and the High Peaks liftline and surrounding trees were super fun, and the Straight Brook side wasn't half bad either. That's a great mountain on a good spring day.
    2017-2018

Mount Snow IIII/
    Wildcat I
    Loon I

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Two great mountains that most east coast skiers have never skied at.
    Those are two that I do have checked off my list (and love both)...yet I'm missing some other major more popular ones.

Yep. Count me as one. The only hill in NY that I've managed to ski is Whiteface. I've had free vouchers many times, but still didn't make it to Gore or Platty. Coming from NH they don't make much sense, but I'm determined to hit at least one this season. We shall see if it happens.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Yep. Count me as one. The only hill in NY that I've managed to ski is Whiteface. I've had free vouchers many times, but still didn't make it to Gore or Platty. Coming from NH they don't make much sense, but I'm determined to hit at least one this season. We shall see if it happens.
    From NH I can understand that at least. For me Platty is a day trip destination (~2.5 hours). It is my #1 choice for a day trip on a holiday weekend like President's where I stay away from VT.

Gore is a terrific mountain with excellent terrain, but the town around it is pretty lacking (or at least was several years ago when I was last there).

March.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    From NH I can understand that at least. For me Platty is a day trip destination (~2.5 hours). It is my #1 choice for a day trip on a holiday weekend like President's where I stay away from VT.

Gore is a terrific mountain with excellent terrain, but the town around it is pretty lacking (or at least was several years ago when I was last there).
    Lake George is a better option to stay when at Gore, only 30-35mins away. Like staying in North Conway when skiing Wildcat.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Thread Information