how do you carry your season pass (max pass)? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I used an arm band at K in the spring. At Bachelor, I had to stuff the Max pass in my pack as the RFID in it was incompatible with their system. They issued you an RFID card of their own each day I skied. At Big Sky and Boyne resorts, just have to show at ticket window so you can just put it anywhere after.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    Peak Pass comes on the retractable pass holder and that works fine.
    MAX Pass I keep in my jacket pocket or pants pocket so I can swing it by the RFID sensors easy enough and not worry about losing it.
    My sons retractable broke already. The clip moving part detached. Makes me a little nervous that some others may and the season pass may come off.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    My sons retractable broke already. The clip moving part detached. Makes me a little nervous that some others may and the season pass may come off.
    That would suck big time. I'd have to imagine they'd give you a new one if you lose it, right? Or is there a charge involved? I forget.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

My (vintage) Fischer Predator Jacket has a zip on the left sleeve which when opened reveals a clear plastic pass card holder.
    They scan it once and tend to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    My (vintage) Fischer Predator Jacket has a zip on the left sleeve which when opened reveals a clear plastic pass card holder.
    They scan it once and tend to remember.
    Have one on the chest of my primary jacket. Very convenient. Tend to not put RFIDs in there, but maybe I should.

I keep my Max Pass, my ride & ski card, and my Boyne rewards card all together on a lanyard that I wear around my neck & under my jacket. At the end of the day I throw it in my ski bag and it's always there when I need any one of them. I've found that works pretty good.

Watch out with the Peak Passes specifically, the hole/slit on the pass itself is very close to the top and can break relatively easily. This happened to my friend on one of the first days last year (luckily somehow found it on the next run) and he had to keep it in his pocket and pull it out every time we rode a lift with a scanner. I also have a New England Pass but the hole is much deeper into the pass and it feels way less fragile.
    2017-2018

Mount Snow IIII/
    Wildcat I
    Loon I

This is exactly why I double up my families passes with 2 retractors instead of 1 on each pass. My almost 12 yr old in particular, well he's got a knack for breaking 1 or 2 of them a season, and when I ask him how it happened, I get the standard "I don't know..." answer!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

I have one of the clear plastic arm bands like the above pic except I modified it to put my goggle strap through it the opposite (long) direction as the strap shown above.
    SIKSKIER

I used to attach it to my jacket, or pants, with a key ring. My buddy has been buying the retractable ones from our local hill in the spring when they're half price, his been suppling me with a new one every start of the season the last few years. I like them since you're less likely to lose your pass when it's not rigidly attached, I've had them torn off the key ring before.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information