• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Driving from Vegas to Snowbird in Early March

chuckstah

I've done that drive ip to Zion a couple of times. First trip we stopped at Brianhead for a day of skiing. Second time stopped at Eagle Point for a ski day. Side trip to Zion National park is also worth it. The drive is an easy one.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

caddis

I suggest you look at hotel availability in Cedar City. It's a popular place to stay and a gateway for Zion and other Parks so rooms can fill up. There are several other options North of Cedar in case you get in a pickle. I drive that route from Northern AZ a lot. Plenty of cell service (comparatively speaking), fuel stops and scenery.

During the winter you could look at some hikes around St. George. Weather stays a little warmer there. Also Downtown has a few good places to eat. Other than Zion not sure what else to do in the winter other than to get to the slopes! Good Luck. I knocked Alta off my bucket list last season. Snowbird looked great too.

skiNEwhere

Brianhead has virtually no snow right now. Terrain is extremely limited.

I second Zion. St. George is a cool little city to explore as well.

Hopefully Snowbird has some snow come March!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I suggest you look at hotel availability in Cedar City. It's a popular place to stay and a gateway for Zion and other Parks so rooms can fill up. There are several other options North of Cedar in case you get in a pickle. I drive that route from Northern AZ a lot. Plenty of cell service (comparatively speaking), fuel stops and scenery.

During the winter you could look at some hikes around St. George. Weather stays a little warmer there. Also Downtown has a few good places to eat. Other than Zion not sure what else to do in the winter other than to get to the slopes! Good Luck. I knocked Alta off my bucket list last season. Snowbird looked great too.

Actually used Hilton Points for a room at the Hampton in in Cedar City. Plan to spend a day in Zion. Hopefully by March, the snow situation is good. It can turnaround in a week!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Second visit to Zion. Both the main park and the Kolob Canyon, which is right off I-15.

Lots of stuff in St. George. Cedar City is more low key.

Check in at Brian Head to see if there is any skiing. If it is midweek, Eagle Point, which is near Beaver, will not be in play for skiing.