jay/k, river/loon, tremblant/whiteface - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    not wasting more max pass days at killington right now when I have the time to go elsewhere. jay was only in the conversation in the event they got snow today and tomorrow and opened upper mountain, which isn't happening. whiteface was only in the convo if we went to tremblant, to break up the drive on sunday.

I usually don't get to river and loon because vt and ny spots are so much closer. when I have a 3 day weekend, I try to use my max pass days at the places that are harder to hit. possibility of a coastal storm sat>sun affecting maine and nh more than vt and ny also helps. decision for this weekend has been made.

hopefully the east goes off big time while I'm in Montana and Utah and I return home to powder skiing in Vermont over the xmas holiday.

edit - jay's instagram post from this afternoon looks great. shame they can't get the upper mountain going for this weekend. I bet its actually pretty decent.
    Last edited by KustyTheKlown; Dec 7, 2017 at 4:03 PM.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

After a thaw with rain and a freeze Jay will be dust on crust until more snow falls.
    form is a 4 letter word

If you bring a winning mindset, you can't go wrong.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

I have to agree on the Tramside of Jay, it will be pretty tough over and up there this early It is still early for that side to be open.
    Props to Steve @ JPR for being honest where Jay is at and what the product is!
    Ski it like you stole it!

Drive the extra hour/hour and a half, and go to the Loaf...It is worth it.

Was at the Loaf over past weekend, product, and terrain very good for early season.

Snow in the forecast - this trip might be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by skiMEbike View Post
    Drive the extra hour/hour and a half, and go to the Loaf...It is worth it.

Was at the Loaf over past weekend, product, and terrain very good for early season.
    That's a big ask coming from NYC to ski groomers with a bit more vertical. I love everything that is Sugarloaf, but I do not think it is worth it to drive the extra distance. It'll be frozen groomers everywhere. Sunday River has just resurfaced everything. Snow quality will not be that different, if it is different at all.

Loon was fun today. Sunny in the AM, overcast after lunch.
    Lots of snow making going on.
    Looking forward to the real White Stuff.

great success. powder day at loon. lapped the closed trails under the double chair most of the day in calf deep untracked snow. massive coreshot. massive faceshots. 2 days of groomers at sunday river prior
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    great success. powder day at loon. lapped the closed trails under the double chair most of the day in calf deep untracked snow. massive coreshot. massive faceshots. 2 days of groomers at sunday river prior
    Nice! Glad it worked out!

Thread Information