• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

jay/k, river/loon, tremblant/whiteface

KustyTheKlown

not wasting more max pass days at killington right now when I have the time to go elsewhere. jay was only in the conversation in the event they got snow today and tomorrow and opened upper mountain, which isn't happening. whiteface was only in the convo if we went to tremblant, to break up the drive on sunday.

I usually don't get to river and loon because vt and ny spots are so much closer. when I have a 3 day weekend, I try to use my max pass days at the places that are harder to hit. possibility of a coastal storm sat>sun affecting maine and nh more than vt and ny also helps. decision for this weekend has been made.

hopefully the east goes off big time while I'm in Montana and Utah and I return home to powder skiing in Vermont over the xmas holiday.

edit - jay's instagram post from this afternoon looks great. shame they can't get the upper mountain going for this weekend. I bet its actually pretty decent.

Last edited:

crank

After a thaw with rain and a freeze Jay will be dust on crust until more snow falls.

MG Skier

I have to agree on the Tramside of Jay, it will be pretty tough over and up there this early It is still early for that side to be open.
Props to Steve @ JPR for being honest where Jay is at and what the product is!

skiMEbike

Drive the extra hour/hour and a half, and go to the Loaf...It is worth it.

Was at the Loaf over past weekend, product, and terrain very good for early season.

tnt1234

Snow in the forecast - this trip might be a winner.

Jully

Drive the extra hour/hour and a half, and go to the Loaf...It is worth it.

Was at the Loaf over past weekend, product, and terrain very good for early season.

That's a big ask coming from NYC to ski groomers with a bit more vertical. I love everything that is Sugarloaf, but I do not think it is worth it to drive the extra distance. It'll be frozen groomers everywhere. Sunday River has just resurfaced everything. Snow quality will not be that different, if it is different at all.

Wicked1

Loon was fun today. Sunny in the AM, overcast after lunch.
Lots of snow making going on.
Looking forward to the real White Stuff. ;-)

KustyTheKlown

great success. powder day at loon. lapped the closed trails under the double chair most of the day in calf deep untracked snow. massive coreshot. massive faceshots. 2 days of groomers at sunday river prior

tnt1234

great success. powder day at loon. lapped the closed trails under the double chair most of the day in calf deep untracked snow. massive coreshot. massive faceshots. 2 days of groomers at sunday river prior

Nice! Glad it worked out!