Wildcat 2017/18 thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wildcat 2017/18 thread

I assumed someone had started this thread but damned if I can find it. Havenít skied the Cat yet this year but itís still my unofficial home mountain. A friend was driving by on the way to SR a couple of weeks ago and noticed a sign for this place coming next year .

http://theolympiacompanies.com/prope...he-glen-house/

I had no idea this was happening. It seems to me this could be good for the Cat in the coming seasons. Hereís hoping.
    Last edited by Edd; Dec 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM.

That is great news for Wildcat skiers.That property would only be a couple miles away and much needed close lodging where none exists now.
    SIKSKIER

I wonder what the cost per night will be. Definitely something to keep an eye on!

I'm guessing pretty expensive. It's small, but is supposed to have a spa and indoor pool. Can't beat the location. It's right at the base of the Auto road

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm guessing pretty expensive. It's small, but is supposed to have a spa and indoor pool. Can't beat the location. It's right at the base of the Auto road

Ohh, that is where this is! I saw this under construction and was confused as to what it was. Exciting stuff. Definitely can't beat the location. I likely will never stay there though haha.

It would definitely be the closest hotel to Wildcat, though if you're okay with fairly basic and inexpensive lodging, Gorham has a few options and it's only 10-12 miles north of Wildcat. Also has some basic restaurants (pizza/Chinese) and a Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by podunk77 View Post
    It would definitely be the closest hotel to Wildcat, though if you're okay with fairly basic and inexpensive lodging, Gorham has a few options and it's only 10-12 miles north of Wildcat. Also has some basic restaurants (pizza/Chinese) and a Walmart.
    I'll be staying at the Town and Country next Tuesday. Unfortunately it will be for work, not skiing. I maybe able to sneak in a couple of hours at Cat on Tuesday afternoon

Well I guess I have the honor of making my virgin post here the first post of the year about conditions on the mountain - skied last Sunday and it was killer, at least as killer as early season/all man-made can get. Kind of strange looking at nothing but grass and rocks on the way up on the Express but the TTB options of Polecat/Lynx were great. Big bulletproof base, nice "powder piles" all the way down and very little ice. Fast, mostly sunny and ski-on lift all day - Rockpile/Sherby across the way looked white but thin ...nice appetizer for the season.

Will be watching this thread from afar. I had such good times skiing the cat last season! Post tons of pics when everything is on!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'll be staying at the Town and Country next Tuesday. Unfortunately it will be for work, not skiing. I maybe able to sneak in a couple of hours at Cat on Tuesday afternoon

Might see you there.

Thread Information