Pre-Xmas/Xmas week weather - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forecast for Friday/Saturday colder than what yeggous posted from yesterday. Even SoVT could be looking at 4-6"+ before change over Saturday morning. Then it will in fact experience non-frozen, but it will be cold and quick. Net gainer north of I-90.

Then we await a Christmas miracle? Euro is now optimistic, 2 runs in row. Still 5 days out though.

And yes I would say the last 5 Christmas breaks have experienced unfavorable weather at some point, even those that had good starts. Last year there was non-frozen precip and warmth leading up to the holiday's before cold and snowmaking made it OK and then the Thursday storm made it good.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

now i'm seeing like 10 inches for so vt before the freezing rain kicks in overnight.

NWS Albany is calling for 3-6 in SoVT with some isolated areas seeing 8" of snow. This is based on the 6:15AM Forecast Discussion. One thing to be mindful of on Saturday is the icing. They're now saying SoVT 1/10" to .25" of icing before it changes to rain. Could make driving a challenge and certainly would have and effect on lift ops.

Not much info right now on the Christmas storm. Looks like they're waiting for the Euro and the GFS to come into better agreement.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

OK. I was getting a bit excited. 8'' then. Should cover alot of the rocks and such with that coating of ice/rain on top.

and then hold your breff for The 'Festivus Miracle Storm'.

I think we're all excited for two potential storms close together!

About 1.5" on the ground so far in SoVT. Should start picking up soon.

Heading to the mountain in a bit...

14 degrees, 8" of snow and it's still coming down at 10 PM on Friday night here at the base of Mt Ellen

Pokes with two shots: Christmas and next Friday. Cold air looks like it'll set up after this weekend and stay put for a little while.
    Dude.

NWS Albany has put up maps on their winter weather page showing 8" of snow from tomorrow night into Christmas Day. That should help negate the freezing rain that's falling right now.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    its good base building....

Thread Information