Hunter sat 12-9 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunter sat 12-9

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    Weather was frigid, could only make 2 runs before having to go in and warm up.
    I was able to take 5 runs between warmups, this extreme cold is pretty unpleasant. Still gonna ski though.

The west side was a bit sporty..as in 1 and done for each run. Top of Clairs was downright scary. Annapurna was..weird but more fun.
    If there was snow on the cut across from Wayout, that would have been better as Clairs was good in the middle.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    The west side was a bit sporty..as in 1 and done for each run. Top of Clairs was downright scary. Annapurna was..weird but more fun.
    If there was snow on the cut across from Wayout, that would have been better as Clairs was good in the middle.
    Seems that the west side and most lifts other than 6 pack and B lift were closed Sunday too. Not counting Hunter One terrain.

I also heard rumors that a safety consulting firm was engaged to look at Hunter and devise methods to improve safety. Number one recommendation was to leave expert terrain bumped up. Some consultant made a nice payday making an obvious recommendation many others including myself have been saying for years.

I fully expect Hunter to ignore that recommendation.

And today the west side is open again. After bailing out on the holiday customers the past 2 days.

Guess they cater to the college crowd now with all the cheap college deals. Glad I dumped my Peaks pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    And today the west side is open again. After bailing out on the holiday customers the past 2 days.

Guess they cater to the college crowd now with all the cheap college deals. Glad I dumped my Peaks pass.
    I avoid college week - I was once a college student myself, however these kids are of another kind.

They get on the lifts with beer and are not stopped. I am not talking about 1 or 2... And depending which way the wind blows you can get high on the lifts.

They have not run E lift lift on the weekends because they do not have the staff. The ski instructors are livid about this as it takes away the only real blue teaching terrain. Kennedy is to crowed on the weekends, which leaves Madison which is too short and they spend all the time reading that painfully slow B lift.

They do need a safety someone. The parade of ambulances this season has been unreal. They have had to get them from Windham multiple times as they ran out....

The did have a Safety on Slopes race last weekend. I think I mentioned it but it seems odd to have a race for safety. This closed down Milkey Way, a black slope on A weekend day.. What are they thinking? OR who is thinking.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    I avoid college week - I was once a college student myself, however these kids are of another kind.

They get on the lifts with beer and are not stopped. I am not talking about 1 or 2... And depending which way the wind blows you can get high on the lifts.

They have not run E lift lift on the weekends because they do not have the staff. The ski instructors are livid about this as it takes away the only real blue teaching terrain. Kennedy is to crowed on the weekends, which leaves Madison which is too short and they spend all the time reading that painfully slow B lift.

They do need a safety someone. The parade of ambulances this season has been unreal. They have had to get them from Windham multiple times as they ran out....

The did have a Safety on Slopes race last weekend. I think I mentioned it but it seems odd to have a race for safety. This closed down Milkey Way, a black slope on A weekend day.. What are they thinking? OR who is thinking.
    E lift was running this past weekend. It was not open before, since the trails were not open.

As a junior in college I can say many colleges have less day drinking on a given Saturday than Hunter. Hunter attracts the least responsibility demographic in NYC. 40 people a day get injured there according to my friend who is a ski patroller there. Each one has beer cans in his/her jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    As a junior in college I can say many colleges have less day drinking on a given Saturday than Hunter. Hunter attracts the least responsibility demographic in NYC. 40 people a day get injured there according to my friend who is a ski patroller there. Each one has beer cans in his/her jacket.
    Well, to be fair I must admit there are plenty of adults with beer stashed in their jackets skiing at Hunter. I followed a beer can trail (all unopened) down Wayout once, led to a 45 something guy standing next to a beer can. D'oh! Kind of reinforces your comment about demographics.

​ just knew that when the Slutskys sold the place it would be..all downhill from there.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information