• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any T-bars currently running ?

Jully

That does feel true. I’ve been there quite a few times but I’m no regular and I’ve seen numerous holds on Timberline. Slow ride for sure but I do enjoy it. The trails surrounding that chair are a blast.

Plans were in the works to put a summit T-bar back (it used to be t-bar access only at the summit until timberline was installed to host the US Alpine championships). They supposedly bought one, and for 2 or 3 seasons said they'd install it "in the next season or two." Talk has since faded.

benski

Auatrailians have a different vacation culture than the US and Europe. They tend to take long vacations at a time, especially at younger ages and travel the world. Its considered a thing everyone should do.

I believe their government also guarantees 20 days of vacation in addition to holidays.

Yeah, I know most of the study abroad students in my program are Australian.

Domeskier

If you aren't skinning/hiking for your turns don't you get to "practice" riding lifts on every run?

I think "practice" implies a desire to improve. I wish more people had that desire. Perhaps it's a hazard of skiing family friendly feeder hills, but if the lift doesn't stop 10 times in 700 vertical feet because some group of seven tries to ride the six pack together or some beginner who shouldn't be off the bunny slope takes a header done the off-load ramp, I could probably get a few more runs in. Nearly tore my ACL last year when some women stands up to unload and promptly falls I'm my skis while I'm still seated in the chair. Was going around the bull wheel twisting in the chair with 140 pounds of dead weight on my tips before the lifty bother to shut it down....

JimG.

Staff member
I think "practice" implies a desire to improve. I wish more people had that desire. Perhaps it's a hazard of skiing family friendly feeder hills, but if the lift doesn't stop 10 times in 700 vertical feet because some group of seven tries to ride the six pack together or some beginner who shouldn't be off the bunny slope takes a header done the off-load ramp, I could probably get a few more runs in. Nearly tore my ACL last year when some women stands up to unload and promptly falls I'm my skis while I'm still seated in the chair. Was going around the bull wheel twisting in the chair with 140 pounds of dead weight on my tips before the lifty bother to shut it down....

Yeah, practice makes perfect for lift riders and operators!

Glenn

Living Memorial Park in Brattleboro opens tomorrow. $5 tickets.