• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any T-bars currently running ?

urungus

Are there any T-bar lifts currently running in New England (excluding Maine) or scheduled to open in the next couple weeks? Want to do some practicing ... I will be going to Whistler soon and want to be able to access the Blackcomb Glacier if it opens in time. Took a few laps on the Poma button lift at Killington last week just to regain the feeling of the surface lift.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Just remember: don't sit down & don't cross your tips. And for the sake of all that is good and holy, STAY IN THE TRACK! Do those things, and you'll have a pleasant surface lift ride without causing a headache for the operators and mechanics. :daffy:

djd66

Are there any T-bar lifts currently running in New England (excluding Maine) or scheduled to open in the next couple weeks? Want to do some practicing ... I will be going to Whistler soon and want to be able to access the Blackcomb Glacier if it opens in time. Took a few laps on the Poma button lift at Killington last week just to regain the feeling of the surface lift.

You are planning to ski the Blackcomb Glacier and you want to practice riding a surface lift? Have you not ridden one before?

mister moose

Last I knew Otis Ridge in the Berkshires had an operating T-bar. Worth checking.

Pro tip:
When riding a cable T alone (there are 2 kinds of T-bar) when you are handed the T turn it vertical, slip it between your legs, turn it horizontal, and boom, balanced ride poma style. Be prepared to do the reverse to unload or it will end badly.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I never experienced a T-bar or a Poma until adulthood. There's not all that many of them left in the east.

I know...it's just...easy unless you overthink it.

I remember learning on a rope tow at Woodbury as a youth. I always try to ride the Snowdon poma at K when I go. With the midstation off of the triple chair it's quicker to get off there, ski to the poma, and ride up. You'll beat the chair everytime.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Are you also going to test out your climbing gear before the trip?

a-gaper.jpg

attachment.php