• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 12/12/17 Powder day

speden

Took a day off work to catch the storm today. It was raining in Boston but dumping snow all day at Killington. I haven't been there in ages and forgot how huge it is. Every trail I tried was skiing great with the surface constantly refreshed with new snow. I think they got about 8" of fresh snow during the day and should get some more tonight. Saw lots of people ducking ropes as the snow piled up. They had a lot of snow guns running today too, but not sure why since tomorrow will be a lot colder and better for snowmaking.

When it was getting close to closing time, I raced back to get one more trip up in the gondola even after my legs were toast. Overall an A+ day; best I've ever had at Killington.

The drive up and back was somewhat sketchy. I don't have snow tires, so driving in a snowstorm isn't always a picnic. The storm added about 40 minutes to my drive up.