New book - Snow Guns Before Sunrise: A Peek Behind the Veil of Ski Resort Operations

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New book - Snow Guns Before Sunrise: A Peek Behind the Veil of Ski Resort Operations

Hey fellow AZers - I just published a new book about ski resort operations which I think will be of interest to many of you. It's a behind-the-scenes look at how ski resorts really run, covering senior management, grooming, snowmaking, patrol, lift maintenance, basic metrics, and more. "Day-in-the-life" narratives combine with real-world anecdotes from industry pros to keep things lively.

Check it out at https://www.amazon.com/dp/1981700773/ (ebook also available, but not linked with the paperback yet - see http://a.co/ctm1CPp )

Happy to answer any questions!

cool. what does torsell & sons llc do? what do you do "industry rep"?

Great idea for a book, good luck with it.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Great idea for a book, good luck with it.
    I don't read a lot of books. I think I'll get this one.

thanks!
    2018-2019

TBD

Cool! Good to see you around these parts again Patrick.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Cool! Good to see you around these parts again Patrick.
    Thanks! I'm back east now, so I'll be a bit more active 'round here again.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    cool. what does torsell & sons llc do? what do you do "industry rep"?
    At the moment I'm doing some ski resort consulting, but my background in the industry is pretty diverse. Got my start at Colorado Mountain College, then worked at Sugarbush for 5 years. The past few seasons I was on the senior management team at Ski Cooper, CO. Now I'm tackling a few projects solo (both in and out of the industry). I have some ideas up my sleeve for what's next, but more on that another day.

Looks like you joined in 2013, so I was already west by then. But I was pretty heavily active on here from about '05-'11. And now I'm back!

cool, welcome back. i'd love to work in the industry and should have pursued that path a long time ago. hindsight is a bitch. i'm an underpaid lawyer in new york city, but i still get my 50 day seasons, about 20 west/30 east.

Very cool. This definitely sounds like something that would interest me. I'll have to order a copy when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    cool, welcome back. i'd love to work in the industry and should have pursued that path a long time ago. hindsight is a bitch. i'm an underpaid lawyer in new york city, but i still get my 50 day seasons, about 20 west/30 east.
    That's dedication. Same boat here and I'm lucky to get 20 days in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thread Information