• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 12- 14,15, 2017

livtoski

Conditions: Packed Powder and Powder

These were the best early season conditions in a long time. About 60 % of the mountain was open. Most of the West side was open. They are still working on the East side, but it should be open for Christmas. The Best trails were Corkscrew, Sunder, Ridge, Upper and Lower Twister. Get out ther before the thaw.:grin::grin::grin:

Hawkshot99

I was up at bromley Thursday morning for a "business meeting" [emoji41]....it worked out nicely!

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
912cbd16f1249a9af9e7240526a7b18b.jpg

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Bromley is high on my list to revisit this season.. as I'm trying to do closer day trips as much as possible.

It's a pretty fun mountain when the Blue Ribbon Quad area is fully open. Decent steeps. Light crowds. I would go there over Stratton every time.

Glenn

Nice TR! Would like to make it there one of these days. See it every time we ski Stratton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livtoski

Might not be as big as Stratton, but much less crowded so you get more skiing in and much cheaper lift tickets.

Nice TR! Would like to make it there one of these days. See it every time we ski Stratton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYDB

Might not be as big as Stratton, but much less crowded so you get more skiing in and much cheaper lift tickets.

their daily lift tickets might be cheaper , but their seasons passes are too high in my opinion. Its a nice little mountain.

I have a house in the area, and would love a Magic/Bromley combo pass.

slatham

I just heard that bromley's pump house burned down last night. Snowmaking will be non-existent for a bit. Hopefully they can get it back up soon.

Unfortunately this is confirmed. No info on plan B. Skiing this weekend was amazing and luckily they are way ahead of schedule on snowmaking. But I hope they have a contingency plan.

Glenn

That's tough news. Hope they are able to recover as quickly as possible.

Hawkshot99

Unfortunately this is confirmed. No info on plan B. Skiing this weekend was amazing and luckily they are way ahead of schedule on snowmaking. But I hope they have a contingency plan.
I will be back up there on Wednesday of this coming week. I have good sources of info, hopefully they will have some better news.

Jully

More challenging terrain under the Blue Ribbon Quad than anything at Stratton.

Never been, but always had assumed the pitch was about the same. Was that an incorrect assumption or is it something else that makes the terrain on that side of Bromley better? Narrower? Ungroomed? All of the above?

slatham

Never been, but always had assumed the pitch was about the same. Was that an incorrect assumption or is it something else that makes the terrain on that side of Bromley better? Narrower? Ungroomed? All of the above?

I find it's a very personal comparison. I am a Bromley weekend resident so I know the mountain well, and have skied Stratton on and off since childhood. Personally I don't find Bromley all that steep, and some pitches at Stratton (Slalom Glade & World Cup for instance) are steeper/longer than the pitches at Bromley. I also find Stratton has some since narrow old school trails (Drifter), though Bromley has a few too (Shincracker). Where Bromley works for me and others is the lack of crowds compared to Stratton and just a lower key, less glitzy and friendlier vibe. I also think that after a dump Stratton will have a larger portion of the mountain groomed, and with more people the powder that is left alone will be skied off quicker.

One thing for sure, if you haven't given Bromley a try you should.