• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are my skis too long?

SAMMYN96

Hi, I would like some help on this subject matter. I have just recently purchased some second hand Black Crows Captis skis in 178cm.

I am 170cm tall (5ft 7") and I weigh 10st 10 (150lbs). I can ski all of the mountain, the majority being 60% piste and 40% off piste.

The skis sit around 8cm taller than me and I just wanted to hear peoples opinions as I am not to sure myself and I will be testing them in the next couple of days.

All feedback will be much appreciated :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SAMMYN96

I forgot to mention they are all mountain skis with double rocker.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, I would like some help on this subject matter. I have just recently purchased some second hand Black Crows Captis skis in 178cm.

I am 170cm tall (5ft 7") and I weigh 10st 10 (150lbs). I can ski all of the mountain, the majority being 60% piste and 40% off piste.

The skis sit around 8cm taller than me and I just wanted to hear peoples opinions as I am not to sure myself and I will be testing them in the next couple of days.

All feedback will be much appreciated :)

SAMMYN96

[emoji770 said:
[emoji300]❅;988703]I'd say the 178cm ski should be $$$ :)
On the Money or sold [emoji51][emoji23]

〽❄❅

On the money.

You've about 10lbs and a inch on me, with rockered, my sweet spot is 170 - 178cm. I'm more 65% off piste, 35% on and like 170 in tight trees and tight bumps, not so much on the grom where I fell like I'm running out of edge and want longer.

SAMMYN96

[emoji770 said:
[emoji300]❅;988706]On the money.

You've about 10lbs and a inch on me, with rockered, my sweet spot is 170 - 178cm. I'm more 65% off piste, 35% on and like 170 in tight trees and tight bumps, not so much on the grom where I fell like I'm running out of edge and want longer.
I mean I was just a little concerned that they are a little taller then me but I'm sure I will get on with them. Thanks for the help mate! Unlike other bellends on here...

Edd

I looked this ski up. Never heard of it. I think you’re all set thanks to the rocker and also there appears to be no metal in the construction. The length could be a problem for a guy your size with other models but hopefully not these. Good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone