Are my skis too long?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are my skis too long?

Hi, I would like some help on this subject matter. I have just recently purchased some second hand Black Crows Captis skis in 178cm.

I am 170cm tall (5ft 7") and I weigh 10st 10 (150lbs). I can ski all of the mountain, the majority being 60% piste and 40% off piste.

The skis sit around 8cm taller than me and I just wanted to hear peoples opinions as I am not to sure myself and I will be testing them in the next couple of days.

All feedback will be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention they are all mountain skis with double rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMMYN96 View Post
    Hi, I would like some help on this subject matter. I have just recently purchased some second hand Black Crows Captis skis in 178cm.

I am 170cm tall (5ft 7") and I weigh 10st 10 (150lbs). I can ski all of the mountain, the majority being 60% piste and 40% off piste.

The skis sit around 8cm taller than me and I just wanted to hear peoples opinions as I am not to sure myself and I will be testing them in the next couple of days.

All feedback will be much appreciated

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

I'd say the 178cm ski should be $$$

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji770
    ❅;988703]I'd say the 178cm ski should be $$$
    On the Money or sold

On the money.

You've about 10lbs and a inch on me, with rockered, my sweet spot is 170 - 178cm. I'm more 65% off piste, 35% on and like 170 in tight trees and tight bumps, not so much on the grom where I fell like I'm running out of edge and want longer.

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji770
    ❅;988706]On the money.

You've about 10lbs and a inch on me, with rockered, my sweet spot is 170 - 178cm. I'm more 65% off piste, 35% on and like 170 in tight trees and tight bumps, not so much on the grom where I fell like I'm running out of edge and want longer.
    I mean I was just a little concerned that they are a little taller then me but I'm sure I will get on with them. Thanks for the help mate! Unlike other bellends on here...

I looked this ski up. Never heard of it. I think you’re all set thanks to the rocker and also there appears to be no metal in the construction. The length could be a problem for a guy your size with other models but hopefully not these. Good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

No disrespect intended just thinking about a recent similar thread http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...0%99s-too-long!
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

Ah you bellends down there in Lehigh Co(Like WHAT THE HECK IS A BELLEND???)
    Last edited by bigbog; Dec 19, 2017 at 6:37 AM.
    SteveD

Thread Information