Stratton 12/22/17

AlpineZone

Stratton 12/22/17

A day off we planned weeks ago and hit the jackpot. Came up Thursday night; dry easy ride from the flatlands.

Woke up to to an inch or so of snow and more falling. Pretty easy ride up 30 mid AM.

Mountain was in good shape. We parked at Sun Bowl which was pretty empty. And nice to see open this early in the season. We were greater with still falling snow and many snow guns blazing.

Today wasn’t what I would call a huge powder day. Rather, it was some nice fresh, steady falling snow with low crowds. A day where the snow was fast, edgeable, but quiet under foot. It just worked.

Run of the Day was Upper Middlebrook (skier’s left) to Lower Middlebrook. Soft and fast.

Surprise Run of the day: Mike’s Way to West Meadow to Lower Wanderer. Don’t discount the greens.

One of the better days we’ve had in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    A day off we planned weeks ago and hit the jackpot. Came up Thursday night; dry easy ride from the flatlands.

Woke up to to an inch or so of snow and more falling. Pretty easy ride up 30 mid AM.

Mountain was in good shape. We parked at Sun Bowl which was pretty empty. And nice to see open this early in the season. We were greater with still falling snow and many snow guns blazing.

Today wasn’t what I would call a huge powder day. Rather, it was some nice fresh, steady falling snow with low crowds. A day where the snow was fast, edgeable, but quiet under foot. It just worked.

Run of the Day was Upper Middlebrook (skier’s left) to Lower Middlebrook. Soft and fast.

Surprise Run of the day: Mike’s Way to West Meadow to Lower Wanderer. Don’t discount the greens.

One of the better days we’ve had in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice-o-witz!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10,16,17,23,26,29,20,31 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)
    January: 1,6,7,14,20,26,28 (Mount Snow) 15 (Willard) 27 (Stratton)
    February: 3 (Bromley) 4 (The Hermitage) 9,10,24 (Stratton) 11,17,19,20 (Mount Snow) 18 (Magic) 25 (Pico)
    March: 3,4,5 (Middlebury) 10 (Bromley) 11 (Magic) 17.18 (Gunstock) 24,25,26,30,31 (Mount Snow)
    April: 1,7,8 (Mount Snow)

The little storm today was sweet. I was up at Bretton and it kept everything fresh.

The meadows seem to always have good snow. Underrated greens for sure. Usually still has good snow when the legs are shot at the end of the day and you just want a nice cruise

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information