• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 12/22/17

Glenn

A day off we planned weeks ago and hit the jackpot. Came up Thursday night; dry easy ride from the flatlands.

Woke up to to an inch or so of snow and more falling. Pretty easy ride up 30 mid AM.

Mountain was in good shape. We parked at Sun Bowl which was pretty empty. And nice to see open this early in the season. We were greater with still falling snow and many snow guns blazing.

Today wasn’t what I would call a huge powder day. Rather, it was some nice fresh, steady falling snow with low crowds. A day where the snow was fast, edgeable, but quiet under foot. It just worked.

Run of the Day was Upper Middlebrook (skier’s left) to Lower Middlebrook. Soft and fast.

Surprise Run of the day: Mike’s Way to West Meadow to Lower Wanderer. Don’t discount the greens.

One of the better days we’ve had in awhile.

7a85d0e9a6c759700bf2782951098833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

A day off we planned weeks ago and hit the jackpot. Came up Thursday night; dry easy ride from the flatlands.

Woke up to to an inch or so of snow and more falling. Pretty easy ride up 30 mid AM.

Mountain was in good shape. We parked at Sun Bowl which was pretty empty. And nice to see open this early in the season. We were greater with still falling snow and many snow guns blazing.

Today wasn’t what I would call a huge powder day. Rather, it was some nice fresh, steady falling snow with low crowds. A day where the snow was fast, edgeable, but quiet under foot. It just worked.

Run of the Day was Upper Middlebrook (skier’s left) to Lower Middlebrook. Soft and fast.

Surprise Run of the day: Mike’s Way to West Meadow to Lower Wanderer. Don’t discount the greens.

One of the better days we’ve had in awhile.

7a85d0e9a6c759700bf2782951098833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice-o-witz!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

speden

The little storm today was sweet. I was up at Bretton and it kept everything fresh.

NYDB

The meadows seem to always have good snow. Underrated greens for sure. Usually still has good snow when the legs are shot at the end of the day and you just want a nice cruise

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app