Holiday week bust??? - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

was planning on six days of lessons last week for youngest. 1 day canceled at magic and 2 canceled at stratton because of cold weather.

a lot of lost $ fer sure

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    The storm would have to trend quite a bit west for those accumulations in VT to happen...a few hours ago Josh Fox was still thinking only 1-4 for most of the VT ski areas.
    He's wrong quite a bit especially with storm totals. He's a good read and does well with trends and with forecasting the upslope.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    He's wrong quite a bit especially with storm totals. He's a good read and does well with trends and with forecasting the upslope.
    Usually he's wrong on the high side though (maybe a bit of wishful thinking at times on his part?)...unless it is very localized snow that over-performs what he thinks. With big storms he's not usually one to say 1-4 and then we get 6-12.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to support the high snow totals for about 90% of this map. Never heard of this C.W.S. entity, sounds like a clickbait weather hyper, of which there are many.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    The storm would have to trend quite a bit west for those accumulations in VT to happen...
    Exactly.

Hey, it could happen. It's happened before.

But at this moment, there's absolutely no data to support that that prediction will happen. It's click-bait.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to support the high snow totals for about 90% of this map. Never heard of this C.W.S. entity, sounds like a clickbait weather hyper, of which there are many.
    Nope. Rob has been around for a long time.

http://crownweather.com/

Rob has been around for a long time.
    Well it appears Rob is a web-traffic, storm hyper, because there's literally no meteorological support for the huge totals he's predicting for most of that map. Not a single global model has anything even remotely close to that.

Boston news at 7 tonight had a very similar map. Predicting a blizzard, but looks like the coast and the fish will hit the jackpot. Maine may just deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Well it appears Rob is a web-traffic, storm hyper, because there's literally no meteorological support for the huge totals he's predicting for most of that map. Not a single global model has anything even remotely close to that.
    Sorry, I forgot you're an expert on everything. Lol! I don't really care one way or the other, but since he has a degree in Meteorology, and he's been spot on so far this season, I'll take his opinion over yours.

Sorry, I forgot you're an expert on everything. Lol! I don't really care one way or the other, but since he has a degree in Meteorology, and he's been spot on so far this season, I'll take his opinion over yours.
    You sure? He's basing this on a "hunch", literally...... serious weather people dont do that.

Here's a responsible map based on actual guidance from a real meterologist. This at least jives with the global models which dont have the pcp shield anywhere near as far west as "Rob's" map does; which is a map designed as click-bait designed to drive hits to his website. Lots of that going on sadly.

26113872_1567937143253538_871635418494288892_n.jpg

Thread Information