• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Holiday week bust???

Glenn

My crews experience with them... Your feet will still eventually get cold with a pair of boot gloves on. It just takes a longer time to do so.

Once you take a break and need to warm up, take them off inside the lodge as then the neoprene will help keep the cold in. Also, don't put them on in the lodge or in a location where you have to walk across a non snow surface before clicking into your bindings, as walking on those more abrasive surfaces wears out the strap that goes across the sole of your boot more rapidly....

One final thing, especially for Glenn and Mrs. Glenn's humor sake... Boot Gloves don't make you nearly as cool as "neoprene butt guy" items!! :lol: (It's an old inside joke from Glenn and Mrs Glenn's Mount Snow days.... :) )

LOL! Do you still have that pic of him I took on Thanks Walt? That guy is a legend!

drjeff

LOL! Do you still have that pic of him I took on Thanks Walt? That guy is a legend!

Pretty sure that S didn't get rid of that legendary NBG picture during various condo renovations she's done! I'll look for it when I head back up tomorrow night and likely send some semi inappropriate texts to you after a couple of post drive beverage-o-witzs!! :beer: :lol:

tnt1234

East coast skiing....hope and pray for snow for December trip....get it in spades....along with -10F temps.

Glenn

Pretty sure that S didn't get rid of that legendary NBG picture during various condo renovations she's done! I'll look for it when I head back up tomorrow night and likely send some semi inappropriate texts to you after a couple of post drive beverage-o-witzs!! :beer: :lol:

LMAO! Looking forward to it already!

Edit:

Is NBG still at Mount Snow? He was hard to spot once he got a new jacket.

drjeff

LMAO! Looking forward to it already!

Edit:

Is NBG still at Mount Snow? He was hard to spot once he got a new jacket.
Haven't seen him in a few years... Even if he ditched the neoprene butt guard and got rid of his circa 1988 red and green Descente outfit, that knees welded together and "psycho butt wiggle" technique of his unmistakable!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

JoeB-Z

For 20 bucks boot gloves work almost as good as 300 buck warmers. I use them now. Big difference when I don't. And when they wear out..20 bucks.

I have both. I thought the Hotronics S6 was for spoiled kids but once I bought them ($189 actually) there is no going back. I use the boot covers for really wet or super cold conditions. I am not a breaks or hot chocolate sort so this set up is a really good investment for me.

Also I am 61 and trust me, your circulation does not improve.

Zermatt

Cold effecting many ski areas today. Killington and Pico are delaying most lifts. Wildcat is closed for the day. I'm sure others are doing the same.

eatskisleep

Yep Wildcat was reporting -50° with the windchill. Too dangerous to open.

Equinox

Simple. You get nice fleece slippers, down comforter, and good book near wood stove. Unless there is new snow, I skip it. Keeping your body warm is physically exhausting. I always feel twice as tired after a bitter cold day. To date - this vaca is far from a bust. Had my first Xmas ski day ever yesterday. Tons o fun. Heading out again soon :). Piles of snow all over. Agony at SR was open on natural snow on Dec 25th. Let that sink in lol.

That's usually what I do, but there's supposed to be fresh snow on Saturday, and I was planning on heading to Wachusett for New Year's Eve, but the daytime high is 6! (Night low is supposed to be -9!) Yikes!

SIKSKIER

SR also only had 1 surface lift running this morning.Looking at the many mountain cams its a ghost town at a lot of areas.In reguards to boot covers,I used them for a couple seasons and then bought heaters.The neoprene only does so much.Big difference with the heaters as they heat under your toes.

skimagic

SR also only had 1 surface lift running this morning.Looking at the many mountain cams its a ghost town at a lot of areas.

The mount snow cam shows a good crowd for the bubble chair. I didn't think much of the bubble at first, since I remember riding the old triple which ran 17 mins to the top, but I'm now glad they put it in, I'm losing my tolerance for this cold. Hopefully Stratton puts one in at Snowbowl, the summit temp there right now is -18. Yikes.

benski

In Europe those bubbles are everywhere. I wonder why they are less popular in the east. I speculate the east coast ski areas pay much more for shipping relative to resorts in the alps.

kingslug

The lift systems across Europe look like something out of a science fiction book. Some of ours look like..little house on the prairie.

benski

The lift systems across Europe look like something out of a science fiction book. Some of ours look like..little house on the prairie.

True, thought I have grown to hate all these skis off lifts, especially trams and funiculars.

cdskier

In Europe those bubbles are everywhere. I wonder why they are less popular in the east. I speculate the east coast ski areas pay much more for shipping relative to resorts in the alps.

From what I remember hearing/reading, many lift systems in Europe are also subsidized by the government which drops the cost for resorts to install them. In some areas they are essentially considered part of public transportation systems.