Holiday week bust??? - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    My main issue is, the colder the air, the worse I breathe. Generally anything single digits and I'm wheezing and hacking.

I don't hear a lot of people complain about this, but I guess it's a holdover from the days of sucking down athsma inhalers on the lacrosse field.
    I might have something similar. It's not really the cold air with me, it's the cold air PLUS heavy wind. If there is a stiff gale directly into my face when I'm walking, I cant breathe. I turn around and face the other direction (walk backwards) for a second to take a breath. I also had asthma as a child (used a spinhaler), though dunno if it's related.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

For 20 bucks boot gloves work almost as good as 300 buck warmers. I use them now. Big difference when I don't. And when they wear out..20 bucks.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    I\ts a heat wave here this week
    It was a high of -45 in Fargo yesterday
    FArgo ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
    we got good in comparsionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...... ......................

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    My crews experience with them... Your feet will still eventually get cold with a pair of boot gloves on. It just takes a longer time to do so.

Once you take a break and need to warm up, take them off inside the lodge as then the neoprene will help keep the cold in. Also, don't put them on in the lodge or in a location where you have to walk across a non snow surface before clicking into your bindings, as walking on those more abrasive surfaces wears out the strap that goes across the sole of your boot more rapidly....

One final thing, especially for Glenn and Mrs. Glenn's humor sake... Boot Gloves don't make you nearly as cool as "neoprene butt guy" items!! (It's an old inside joke from Glenn and Mrs Glenn's Mount Snow days.... )
    LOL! Do you still have that pic of him I took on Thanks Walt? That guy is a legend!
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    LOL! Do you still have that pic of him I took on Thanks Walt? That guy is a legend!
    Pretty sure that S didn't get rid of that legendary NBG picture during various condo renovations she's done! I'll look for it when I head back up tomorrow night and likely send some semi inappropriate texts to you after a couple of post drive beverage-o-witzs!!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

'18 - '19 season
    November: 17.18,23,25 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

East coast skiing....hope and pray for snow for December trip....get it in spades....along with -10F temps.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    East coast skiing....hope and pray for snow for December trip....get it in spades....along with -10F temps.
    Keeps the snow skiing great!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Pretty sure that S didn't get rid of that legendary NBG picture during various condo renovations she's done! I'll look for it when I head back up tomorrow night and likely send some semi inappropriate texts to you after a couple of post drive beverage-o-witzs!!
    LMAO! Looking forward to it already!

Edit:

Is NBG still at Mount Snow? He was hard to spot once he got a new jacket.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Hmmmm, getting stuck on a chairlift for an hour or two with tomorrow's temps would rrrrrreallly suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    LMAO! Looking forward to it already!

Edit:

Is NBG still at Mount Snow? He was hard to spot once he got a new jacket.
    Haven't seen him in a few years... Even if he ditched the neoprene butt guard and got rid of his circa 1988 red and green Descente outfit, that knees welded together and "psycho butt wiggle" technique of his unmistakable!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

'18 - '19 season
    November: 17.18,23,25 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

Thread Information