Holiday week bust??? - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    For 20 bucks boot gloves work almost as good as 300 buck warmers. I use them now. Big difference when I don't. And when they wear out..20 bucks.
    I have both. I thought the Hotronics S6 was for spoiled kids but once I bought them ($189 actually) there is no going back. I use the boot covers for really wet or super cold conditions. I am not a breaks or hot chocolate sort so this set up is a really good investment for me.

Also I am 61 and trust me, your circulation does not improve.

I don't know how many people were on the slopes at Burke today, but the local ice arena had one of the busiest public skate sessions they have ever had. Around 200 people. A lot of people from out of town.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using AlpineZone mobile app
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

We got out the 22nd, great day. We did pass on the rest of this week, just too dam cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love Apres'

Cold effecting many ski areas today. Killington and Pico are delaying most lifts. Wildcat is closed for the day. I'm sure others are doing the same.
    2017/2018

Yep Wildcat was reporting -50 with the windchill. Too dangerous to open.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Simple. You get nice fleece slippers, down comforter, and good book near wood stove. Unless there is new snow, I skip it. Keeping your body warm is physically exhausting. I always feel twice as tired after a bitter cold day. To date - this vaca is far from a bust. Had my first Xmas ski day ever yesterday. Tons o fun. Heading out again soon . Piles of snow all over. Agony at SR was open on natural snow on Dec 25th. Let that sink in lol.
    That's usually what I do, but there's supposed to be fresh snow on Saturday, and I was planning on heading to Wachusett for New Year's Eve, but the daytime high is 6! (Night low is supposed to be -9!) Yikes!

SR also only had 1 surface lift running this morning.Looking at the many mountain cams its a ghost town at a lot of areas.In reguards to boot covers,I used them for a couple seasons and then bought heaters.The neoprene only does so much.Big difference with the heaters as they heat under your toes.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    That's usually what I do, but there's supposed to be fresh snow on Saturday, and I was planning on heading to Wachusett for New Year's Eve, but the daytime high is 6! (Night low is supposed to be -9!) Yikes!
    Only about a 20% chance of snow for WAWA on Saturday
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    SR also only had 1 surface lift running this morning.Looking at the many mountain cams its a ghost town at a lot of areas.
    The mount snow cam shows a good crowd for the bubble chair. I didn't think much of the bubble at first, since I remember riding the old triple which ran 17 mins to the top, but I'm now glad they put it in, I'm losing my tolerance for this cold. Hopefully Stratton puts one in at Snowbowl, the summit temp there right now is -18. Yikes.
    And on the seventh day, Ullr created Magic Mountain...

In Europe those bubbles are everywhere. I wonder why they are less popular in the east. I speculate the east coast ski areas pay much more for shipping relative to resorts in the alps.

Thread Information