• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12-22

kingslug

Drove up early,started snowing about 100 miles away so I knew it would be good. Snowing hard when I got there. The first part of the day I ride the gondi and hit everything i could. Blower pow over ice..you know..the usual. It piled up in some areas. Favorite runs where the natural trails. Escapade,flume, old superstar. All banged up, weeds,rocks..awesome. Met up with Jim for the second part. Tree skiing in variouse areas. Not a fan of Eastern trees but it deep in some spots and a change of pace from my usual frantic pace. I try to ski like a 20 year old..but pay that price later.
Went from 930 to 4, stayed at the Mountain Sports hotel..then drove in an ice storm until i hit CT where it turned to rain. Not a fun drive but better than expected.
Feel bad for whoever went today..not pretty up there.
Its amazing what we do to ski.
88 ticket..130 hotel..228 mile drive each way..people out west must think were crazy..after getting home im inclined to agree...😁20171222_134413.jpg20171222_113834.jpg20171222_110143.jpg20171222_110146.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
I spent most of the day in the trees over at Snowdon which were very nice. Low Rider skied nicely but anything steeper was still dicey.
Even got the kingslug into the trees for a few runs.
K3.jpgK4.jpg
The afternoon conditions were spectacular and I was a happy skier
K2.jpgK1.jpg

Glenn

Nice pics!

Things certainly changed in VT from Friday into Saturday. Glad you were on the right side of that equation.