Ski Patch Collections

AlpineZone

Ski Patch Collections

Was wondering if anyone else on here collected old ski patches. I started last year and have a nice little collection going. It's been fun going through old ski area history as well. You learn a bit about lost areas, the history of skiing in the NE and the styles that used to be popular back in the day.

Anyway thought I'd start off with the collection I'm building;

So far I have:
    Bromley
    Magic, from whenever they still had the Hans Thorner ski school
    $teaux
    Killington
    Wildcat
    Plattekill (this was purchased new, Platty still makes vintage looking patches you can buy at their shop)
    Belleayre (this pattern was used by mult. mountains, same background just different name)
    Elk
    Camelback
    Jack Frost
    Big Boulder
    Doe Mountain (now Bear Creek in SE PA)
    Kahkout & Tanglewood (both defunct areas built in vacation communities in the Poconos)

So I got to learn a little and fuel my winter sports addiction through the summer hunting these down!
    Dude.

Wow! That's a solid collection.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

I'm collecting patches for the mountains I have visited, and picked up a few other old ones. I have about 70, and need to get 11 others for visits I did before starting. Lost a bit of interest since eBay prices went up, I lost out on a Tenney one at $28, which is crazy for a little thing.
    Snowflakes matter

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    I'm collecting patches for the mountains I have visited, and picked up a few other old ones. I have about 70, and need to get 11 others for visits I did before starting. Lost a bit of interest since eBay prices went up, I lost out on a Tenney one at $28, which is crazy for a little thing.
    I've had decent luck at local flea markets. Also look out for people getting rid of old ski jackets. Ebay prices are nuts unless somebody is getting rid of a whole bunch at once.
    Dude.

The Jack Frost logo brings back memories in middle school I had a shop class on silk screening . I was the only kid with a Jack Frost T shirt.
    That one was easy I later did an Atomic skis version very intricate and took hours to cut the film out with an exacto knife .
    " 2020 Make America Cold Again " Something we all can agree on !

I've even got a few of the same ones as you do!

Most of these were on the back of a youth hockey jacket I had around age 10-12 (early 80's). The two on my pants are patching holes. I've got a branch tear on the other leg that might get the Pico patch.

I really like that Bromley one of yours. My favorite of mine is the Black Mountain one with the T-bar and also the King Ridge one because that was just a special place to ski as a little kid.
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

Here's a better pic of a couple plus my boy scout skiing merit badge haha
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

Very cool! The Black Mountain ones especially. Neat little pieces of ski history!
    Dude.

Tanglwood was about 20 minutes from where I learned to ski. I never went there even though my Uncle had a place near there and skied there with my cousins. Still seems strange to me to think they don't exist anymore.

When I was in second grade my aunt living in Germany sent us ski patches from Garmisch and Zermatt. I still have them and a few more on my denim jacket, which is both the dorkiest and maybe coolest piece of clothing I own.

Thread Information