Stratton 1/21/2018

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stratton 1/21/2018

Originally, we were going to visit Saturday, but opted to rescue our kayaks from the ice jam down in Bratt. Long story, Iíve got pics if you are interested. Anyways, turned out to the right move. Our friend at Stratton texted with news of string winds and wind holds. So we didnít miss much.

Sunbowl lot was busy, but the lines werenít too bad. It was ski on for the fix grip which we lapped for a bit. Headed over to Ursa which didnít have much of a wait. Down at the base area, pretty much ski on for Amex. Same with Ursa. And again at Sunrise. Have to say, I love football because everyone leaves around lunchtime. I wish the NFL would extend the season into March.

Conditions werenít bad. A bit scratchy in spots. And a few soft areas near the lower parts of the mountain. Crowds really thinned out as the day went on.

Nothing really exciting for on the hill pics. But I did take one of the pine tree cell tower and a new Bentley suv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Everything was groomed out super nice in the am. The steeper stuff was skied off by 11am. The blues and greens held their snow and skied well all day. It was a really nice day to be out. A few 5 minute waits, but that was about it.

I was there saturday too for about an hour and a half, then went to magic. When we were leaving at 9:30 sat people were still flooding in. It must have gotten crazy.

I saw the bentley guy, since I was parked over by him. he had a brilliant white pant and top combo. Dazzling

was Magic crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Everything was groomed out super nice in the am. The steeper stuff was skied off by 11am. The blues and greens held their snow and skied well all day. It was a really nice day to be out. A few 5 minute waits, but that was about it.

I was there saturday too for about an hour and a half, then went to magic. When we were leaving at 9:30 sat people were still flooding in. It must have gotten crazy.

I saw the bentley guy, since I was parked over by him. he had a brilliant white pant and top combo. Dazzling

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    was Magic crowded?
    There were a few 5 minute lift lines in the afternoon on red. But otherwise it was uncrowded. I would have went there first thing but had lessons booked for 5 year old at Stratton.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post

Thanks for the Saturday update. We arrived in SoVT a bit later Friday night because we stopped off to visit my in laws on the way up. Figured it would be a busy Saturday due to the number of CT/NY/NJ plates we saw on 91 and the number of ski racks/roof boxes.

Bummer about the wind on Saturday. Every weekend, Mother Nature throws a wrench in the gears.

Stratton seemed as busy as I have seen all year yesterday. Lines were long at the main base, and were longer than I expected at the sun bowl for a few hours in the morning. Snow on the sun bowl side was good all day, did get scraped up on the snow bowl
    Side early. Nice weather and soft snow for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I know they had the snowshoe race going on near Sun Bowl. I'm sure that contributed to the parking lot being full before noon.

But the place cleared out around 11:45-12:15. I guess everyone was ready for some football.

Ironically, 91 was pretty packed heading home while the game was in progress.

Nothing like a pine tree cell tower to remind you that there's no escaping the Panopticon.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Bolton Valley: 2/19] [Bromley: 2/7] [Jay Peak: 4/11, 4/12] [Killington: 12/15, 1/10, 3/15*, 3/24] [Mad River Glen: 2/14, 3/9*] [Magic: 3/8***, 3/23] [Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/22*, 4/19] [Pico: 2/9] [Stowe: 2/15] [Sugarbush: 4/22]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 3/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smugglerís Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Nothing really opened on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Thanks for the Saturday update. We arrived in SoVT a bit later Friday night because we stopped off to visit my in laws on the way up. Figured it would be a busy Saturday due to the number of CT/NY/NJ plates we saw on 91 and the number of ski racks/roof boxes.

Bummer about the wind on Saturday. Every weekend, Mother Nature throws a wrench in the gears.

We drove their Saturday and checked the lift report the whole way down from our place up in Killington.. Get there, find out nothing was open but, the magic carpet. We then drove back and used our 4th Max Pass day at OKEMO, the coverage was great there.

Thread Information