Speculative question about Attitash

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Speculative question about Attitash

Attitash probably isn't in the market for any new lifts at the moment, but do you think they'd ever put a summit lift where the Top Notch Double currently is? They'd obviously have to extend it further up Upper Saco, but doing so would make all terrain (even Wilfred's Gawm) accessible from it, and that line seems a bit more sheltered from the wind than the line occupied by the current summit chair.

Replacing the Top Notch Double as a non-summit chair doesn't seem to make any sense, and we all know how much better Attitash would ski with a high speed summit chair....

I wouldn't plan on any winter improvements at Attitash for awhile. A summit HSQ is on their wish list, but when management is confronted about it, the response is not within in the next five years. Peak is in serious debt and has huge projects being worked on at Hunter and Snow. NH gets the shaft for the foreseeable future except for maybe some additional summertime attractions at Attitash and a bit of new pipe here and there only as stuff fails.

Pray for a catastrophic failure of the Summit Triple that requires a full replacement is really all we can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Pray for a catastrophic failure of the Summit Triple that requires a full replacement is really all we can hope for.
    I'd worry a catastrophic failure in the next 5 years would only lead to a non-HSQ replacement! At SL, King Pine was supposedly 2-3 seasons away from a HSQ replacement (as of the summer meeting the season before the accident) and the KP lift was going to go to replace the double runners at the base.

King Pine failed and SL then spent money on a new terminal (non carpet) and a ton of money on other lift safety upgrades that offseason and all talk of a KP HSQ has evaporated.

Double post.

Items for Sale
    I joined AZ in 2004. This was a question then. 14 years later it is still a question. I think that gives you an idea of where things stand.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I know about the terrain/chair addition at Hunter. What is the big enhancement Mt. Snow? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I know about the terrain/chair addition at Hunter. What is the big enhancement Mt. Snow? Just wondering.
    They just wrapped up a $30MM snowmaking expansion project by way of EB-5 funding.

Also in the middle of building a new lodge at Caranthia

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

What if they shortened Top Notch to just run from Middle Highway/the top of Grandstand to shuttle people to the summit trails?

Mount Snow's marketing department is already dropping hints on social media and in the passholders forum of some big announcements about enhancements for next season in the not too distant future... The way I read their hints, make me think that it's far from just the known commodity for next season, the new Carinthia lodge....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Thread Information