• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Speculative question about Attitash

Smellytele

Both have advantages. That alignment would get you a shorter ride. The alignment I propose allows for easier lapping of more terrain. You can ski Upper Ptarmigan, Tightrope and Northwest Passage down to White Horse and grab middle highway back over to the new lift. You also get a longer run off the Yankee down to the new lift. Can ski Moat or Grand Stand instead of just basically taking the Yankee to traverse over on Upper Cathedral.

I see the merits of both. In the end it's about providing quicker access to most of the top trails and avoiding the triple. They've got a dead lift that has the potential to be repurposed for a better experience. Hopefully they take advantage of it eventually.

I certainly would be annoyed by another new HSQ bubble lift going in at Snow when Attitash has a far more glaring need for improvement.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

If they made a trail through the glade between lower highway and upper Cathedral then you can get everything from my configuration.

Katahdin

A replacement for the Summit Triple may finally be in the works. According to John Lowell (Attiash General Manager) Peak Resorts will be perusing EB-5 funding for a new HSQ summit lift. Estimated cost of the new lift is $8 million. Sounds like it’s his personal goal to have new lift in place before he retires.

SIKSKIER

Like this too but the problem with that new trail may be pitch.Using GE in roughly the line shown,that is about a 300 foot drop in the first 5-600 ft.

jmgard

Like this too but the problem with that new trail may be pitch.Using GE in roughly the line shown,that is about a 300 foot drop in the first 5-600 ft.

Might look a little out of place in NH but could they do some kind of Hunter-esque zig-zaggy thing to get around that?

deadheadskier

Staff member
A replacement for the Summit Triple may finally be in the works. According to John Lowell (Attiash General Manager) Peak Resorts will be perusing EB-5 funding for a new HSQ summit lift. Estimated cost of the new lift is $8 million. Sounds like it’s his personal goal to have new lift in place before he retires.
They should go for $10M. 8 for the new lift at Tash and 2 for shortening and relocating the triple to Wildcat to bring back an Upper Mountain lift. If not that at least replace the Bobcat chair with the triple. It's more comfortable and runs faster than the Bobcat triple

danimals

They should go for $10M. 8 for the new lift at Tash and 2 for shortening and relocating the triple to Wildcat to bring back an Upper Mountain lift. If not that at least replace the Bobcat chair with the triple. It's more comfortable and runs faster than the Bobcat triple

Only way to the summit at wildcat is the TTB HSQ right? Considering part of their draw is continuous 2k vert, it almost seems that a second lift to access the summer is necessary, even if it’s only a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

2Planker

I'm all over that idea ! As a Conway resident it's prob WC 75% of the time for us, but I'd love a good HSQ Summit Quad for Attitash