• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington closed today

Zermatt

I have no complaints about Killington closing, but I don't like that they counted yesterday as an operating day on their daily report.

I'll give it to them though if at least one guest rode a lift yesterday morning

kingslug

At stowe today..15 below right now..windchills minus 30..going to hit Spruce..safer.
Yesterday windchills were almost 60 below at the top..

KustyTheKlown

got pretty lucky with okemo on Saturday. i was pretty chuffed sitting in the okemo lodge seeing that j and k were closed, and that stowe and Stratton were lower mountain only. the six was closed for wind, but Jackson Gore bubble was running all day, and they had sachem>glades chair as a fixed grip route to the top. pretty much everything there was accessible. i will admit that i only did sachem>glades once and then decided that the additional vertical was not worth the long slow and cold ride (tho my run thru the windblown boot deep powder on double diamond>ledges was easily the run of the weekend).