Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Anyone think Loon has any chance of having the storm change over to snow for Saturday to be worth it. I figure Sunday will be jammed because of Holiday weekend, but Saturday might be a sneaky good day if it changes to snow early, and the crowds stay away because of the forecast. I am Maxing it so my day trip options are really just Sunapee and Loon this weekend

Looks like I better stay home this weekend. Possible ice jam flooding on the Susquehanna. I live on the Susquehanna. What's worse than being flooded in July? Being flooded in January. With the cold coming in after the front passes through, burst pipes are inevitable if they aren't drained, or kept above freezing. Yay! Have fun Benedict Arnold.

P.S.
    I hope Whiteface gets buried. My buddy Dick will be able to enjoy it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
    Anyone think Loon has any chance of having the storm change over to snow for Saturday to be worth it.
    New Hampshire's not where you want to be on Saturday.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Both the 12z Canuck and GFS are in, and they're both extremely stable/similar to their last runs.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

So....first time ever planned a Jay peak trip for 3 days over MLK weekend. Was so looking forward to hitting this area as it's one of a handful in NE I've never skied. While we had free tix for Friday, we're blowing off that day and plan to just ski 3 days Sat-Mon. What are thoughts? Seems like many comments say Jay will escape the worst, but I'm guessing w an inch of rain on Friday, then heavy snow, flash freeze to 0 degrees by Sunday it won't be anything to write home about.

Help talk me off this ledge.....

Screw it. Since I'm going up there for as whole week on the 20th, no sense in dealing with this mess. And I hope they get a foot, will need the base after this.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    So....first time ever planned a Jay peak trip for 3 days over MLK weekend. Was so looking forward to hitting this area as it's one of a handful in NE I've never skied. While we had free tix for Friday, we're blowing off that day and plan to just ski 3 days Sat-Mon. What are thoughts? Seems like many comments say Jay will escape the worst, but I'm guessing w an inch of rain on Friday, then heavy snow, flash freeze to 0 degrees by Sunday it won't be anything to write home about.

Help talk me off this ledge.....

Jay is exactly on the knife's edge on most model runs. At this point, could be anything between nearly 100% rain, or lots of rain followed by up to 15 inches of snow.

Here's the ensemble from the hi-res canadian model for Sherbrooke (close to Jay).

You'll see some members with little snow and some members with icing rain and ice pellets.

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Jay is exactly on the knife's edge on most model runs. At this point, could be anything between nearly 100% rain, or lots of rain followed by up to 15 inches of snow.
    Are you really seeing northern Vermont possibly getting nearly 100% rain?

And NOAA's short range hi-res forecast. Less snow, also very dispersed.

Capture.jpg

Thread Information