Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Jay is looking pretty sweet today, my buddy Dick is there now. He likes sticking his poles in drifts. A little misleading? Sure, but looks sweet nonetheless.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait!
    Well, even if this weekend doesn't pan out, there is some good news. All that, "back half of January warm up" talk you've been hearing about is going to die. There'll be a few warm days this week, but nothing as dramatic as was depicted just a week ago. A week ago people though we could have 10 to 20 warm days. Aint happening.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Right before and leading into MLK weekend. Resorts can't catch a break!
    WTF? I went to Sunday River last year on MLK weekend and it sucked because they were coming off of a rain/thaw/freeze cycle. So of course I booked a 4 day weekend there again this year and thought I was looking good for this weekend up until a couple of days ago. Now I am looking at skiing in rain, then freezing rain, then it freezing up and skiing an ice rink for the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    WTF? I went to Sunday River last year on MLK weekend and it sucked because they were coming off of a rain/thaw/freeze cycle. So of course I booked a 4 day weekend there again this year and thought I was looking good for this weekend up until a couple of days ago. Now I am looking at skiing in rain, then freezing rain, then it freezing up and skiing an ice rink for the last 2 days.
    So next year you're guaranteed a 20" storm on the Sunday of MLK weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Well, even if this weekend doesn't pan out, there is some good news. All that, "back half of January warm up" talk you've been hearing about is going to die. There'll be a few warm days this week, but nothing as dramatic as was depicted just a week ago. A week ago people though we could have 10 to 20 warm days. Aint happening.
    Thank goodness. I'm lucky enough to be escaping the worst of this at Tremblant this weekend too. Just have to hope areas get some natural quick so the woods and natural trails can recover.

This won't be our 10 days of 70 degree weather in February last year! Though there is a lot of winter left for that to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I'm lucky enough to be escaping the worst of this at Tremblant this weekend too.
    Totally forgot about Tremblant.

Yeah, that looks like it will be the best place to be this weekend if you can go anywhere.

Especially after this terrible 12z run. I hope this changes a lot once the storm hits the land.

There was some talk of a big storm the weekend after MLK - still seeing that? I could possibly postpone my 1/18-19 trip to 1/22-23. Wondering if it would be worth it.

^ There are hints of shots on goal, but they're so far out it's not worth getting excited about yet.

^ There are hints of shots on goal, but they're so far out it's not worth getting excited about yet.
    Yeah...looking at the GFS, that Sun>mon action looks like a gamble at best - another 'rain>snow' thing if we're lucky.

Probably stick to original dates and just realize Mt. Snow with their snow making to refresh things might be the smarter place to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Thank goodness. I'm lucky enough to be escaping the worst of this at Tremblant this weekend too. Just have to hope areas get some natural quick so the woods and natural trails can recover.

This won't be our 10 days of 70 degree weather in February last year! Though there is a lot of winter left for that to happen...
    We thought about Tremblant this weekend. But they will be getting the R word Thursday as well, maybe into Friday. Then it looks like single digits all weekend. Hopefully for you they get snow on Saturday but that is a low probability forecast right now. I looked at MSA and even up there, same deal. Sucks when artic weeks swing too far the other way.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information