Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    We thought about Tremblant this weekend. But they will be getting the R word Thursday as well, maybe into Friday. Then it looks like single digits all weekend. Hopefully for you they get snow on Saturday but that is a low probability forecast right now. I looked at MSA and even up there, same deal. Sucks when artic weeks swing too far the other way.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Definitely upsetting that they're getting some rain. A decent amount of snow for Saturday looks likely though. I would not be heading up there this weekend if it were not a pre-planned trip. Conditions will be better (I hope) than most of NE, but not 6.5 hours + border crossing better haha.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    We thought about Tremblant this weekend. But they will be getting the R word Thursday as well, maybe into Friday. Then it looks like single digits all weekend.
    You're leaving out the part about getting hammered with 8 (Canuck) to 13 (GFS) inches of snow from Friday night into early Sunday morning.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    So next year you're guaranteed a 20" storm on the Sunday of MLK weekend.
    That's what I was hoping for this weekend since last year was awful. I was hoping that I was "pre-disastered" last year and be OK now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSAeqdcZAM

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Jay is looking pretty sweet today, my buddy Dick is there now. He likes sticking his poles in drifts. A little misleading? Sure, but looks sweet nonetheless.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Just finished riding JPR .... yes there were drifts....and, knee+ deep all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    At the moment, with what we know, New Hampshire is not where you want to be, although yes, the farther north in NH the better from 2pm'ish Saturday on with snow. If you could ski anywhere this weekend and had to pull the trigger now, Jay Peak or Whiteface would be the choices based solely on the models. That said, if the Euro is correct, canceling is probably the best option. The fist model runs post the energy reaching land will be critical.

EDIT: Just noticed the 12z has initialized. No whammys.....move eastward....no whammys.... STOP!

EDIT2: Ummmmm....well..... lets hope the 12z GFS run is wrong, because it's way worse than the last 2 runs and it's soul-sucking for MLK weekend.
    YEs, 12z GFS looks worse than earlier runs, but the Euro did shift the low track a bit further east. But it needs to move further east and I am just not sure if its going to. Models have been fairly consistent taking it up the Appalachians to the west of NE. If things are going to change then need to in the next run or two.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

If that low tracks west of NE like I've seen,the south wind at Cannon will be blowing something fierce.
    SIKSKIER

Yes the latest runs are not good for anywhere.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    balls....

GFS doesn't look terrible for tremblant.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    They're not bad for Jully.

Bad to horrific for everywhere else.

Worse the south you go. C.VT, much of NH would see tons of rain and/or frozen rain.

Every color in the rainbow Saturday morning!

Sooooo.......yeah..... lets hope this changes.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Between the cold and rain this has not been a good start to the season for us gainfully employed weekend skiers.

Thread Information