Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Waiting and hoping for Snowbird to get some base before the beginning of March!

18z NAM just finished running and it looks a bit better too. It would make Jay Peak "safe" for the weekend if it verified. Sunday would be a powder day on that run.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    18z NAM just finished running and it looks a bit better too. It would make Jay Peak "safe" for the weekend if it verified. Sunday would be a powder day on that run.
    Thanks! How about Whiteface?
    Thunder Ridge 0:35
    Mohawk 1:20 ; Sundown 1:35 ; Catamount 1:40 ; Shawnee 1:50
    Camelback / Butternut / Hunter 2:00; Belleayre 2:05
    Plattekill 2:30; Berkshire East 2:50
    Bromley 3:10 ; Mt Snow 3:20 ; Stratton / Magic 3:25 ; Gore 3:30 ; Okemo 3:40
    Crotched 3:45 ; Sunapee 3:50; Pico 3:55 ; Killington 4:05 ; Whiteface 4:15
    Sugarbush / Cannon / Bolton Valley 4:50 ; Stowe / MRG 4:55 ; Smuggs 5:05
    Jay Peak 5:30 ; Sunday River 5:55 ; Sugarloaf / Tremblant 6:45 ; Saddleback 7:00

2005-06: 2
    2006-07: 12
    2007-08: 8 + an ACL
    2008-09: 15
    2009-10: 0 + a baby
    2010-11: 6
    2011-12: 2
    2012-13: 0
    2013-14: 21

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Want to fell better. This may not but I cancelled a trip to Vail on the 20th..and ate the 1600.00 bucks. Warm , all manmade, cold at night..icy groomers. Screw that. Going to Stowe, Smuggs, Jay. Will probably spend less on that whole trip than hanging around Vail for a week.
    You really think the snow in the East is going to be better after Friday? Guess it depends on if we get a storm next week but if everything natural gets wiped out we're going to be in exactly the same boat as Vail, except they won't have gotten flooded in the interim.

Not that i go by long range forecasts but the weather at stowe starting the 20th is saying snow all week..how they even try to predict that is a mystery to me..it would really suck if it didnt..the base is going to be ..titanium.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by lerops View Post
    Thanks! How about Whiteface?
    Still not entirely good. But at least it's closer to being good.

No certainly at the moment due to tight gradients, could be anything from "I wish I cancelled and stayed home" bad, to "this is really fun" good.

The mansfield forecast shows heavy snow saturday..maybe a foot or more..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Not that i go by long range forecasts but the weather at stowe starting the 20th is saying snow all week..how they even try to predict that is a mystery to me..it would really suck if it didnt..the base is going to be ..titanium.
    Not sure where you're looking, but anything after 5 days is automation. When you see those forecasts that got out 10 days like that, it's not done by a human being, and it's highly likely to be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Mind you, I didn't say that this was a bad start. I just said that it wasn't a good start. There is a difference. I realize that the snow has been ample, but there have been weekend days that I, personally, am not interested in skiing. Last weekend's cold is an example. Different strokes for different folks.
    Fair enough. You did say "us", so I took that as your opinion for all weekend skiers. As a weekend skier, I disagree. Sunday wasn't all that cold after 11. Snow was great. Sorry you missed out.

Be thankful it's not 3-4 years ago when you had virtually no natural and the Qs weren't blowing crap.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

They are up to 109 trails..better than the 35 they had. Guess they are blowing the hell out of the place. Not much falling from the sky.
    https://www.vail.com/the-mountain/mo...er-report.aspx
    58 inches for the season..thats like Stowes base
    back bowls and blue sky all closed. Hope my time in VT is better. Would be funny if my wife calls me and says its dumping while shes there.
    You think Vail can blow snow on 109 trails? You are kidding I hope. They do not have that kind of coverage. If they are up to 109 trails, many of those are natural only.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information