• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sneak

White knuckle lift rides at B East this morning til the winds died down, awesome out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eatskisleep

Big crowds this weekend... probably because not many skied last weekend?

Glenn

Southern vermont cant catch a break, finally warmer temps, sunny skies, for today ...and wind holds....

then rain on the way.... I love New England!

My thoughts exactly. There was a good amount of traffic heading up from the flatlands last night. We opted to not ski today and get some other things done. Got a text from a friend at Stratton that the upper mountain was on a wind hold. We'll give things ago tomorrow. Hoping that everyone will be too occupied watching football.

machski

No different at SR. Got a few great runs in on ShockWave off WH from the bell. Third ride up I knew windhold we're imminent, chairs were swinging very close to towers. Winds never died down here, seem to still be cranked all the way to the base now. Oh well. The new Spruce stayed up all day at least, allowing fun but short laps on the recently made upper Vortex too. Hope for better tomorrow. Should be a net base gain from Mon-Tues storm here though the surface left behind won't be too nice.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Zermatt

Pico was awesome this morning. No wind issues and soft groomers. Hope they make it through the next warm spell.

Did anyone hit their natural snow trails? I skied some low angle stuff on Friday and that was fine. Coverage was thin and the base was rock solid but the little snow they had last week was making a big difference.

NYDB

Stratton lift line 9am ish
98562af465aa0a47e7fdee1fded16549.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's crazy. Even if Magic had only one trail open, I can't understand why so many people would subject themselves to that thinking it's a more enjoyable alternative

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

xlr8r

Killington had some windholds and bad lines this morning as well. Eventually they got everything open but I waited in some 20+ minute singles lines in the morning.

drjeff

Short version of 2018 so far.... Saturdays are proving to present a BIG amount of mother nature challenges to people trying to get out and enjoy sliding down a hill!! Stupid cold the first Saturday.... Post mega rain/warm then flash freeze the second Saturday... Now BIG winds, but finally sun and comfortable temps today... Fingers crossed that next Saturday will be just a "boring" mid Winter day!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

MEtoVTSkier

Absolutely crazy. I don't blame you. I'd of left for somewhere quieter too. When the resorts get like that, the small community areas end up being more enjoyable.

When its that crowded, the way my luck would be, the bar would be out of whatever kind of beer I wanted too, if you could even get close enough to the bar to ask for one... :cry:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Absolutely crazy. I don't blame you. I'd of left for somewhere quieter too. When the resorts get like that, the small community areas end up being more enjoyable.

When its that crowded, the way my luck would be, the bar would be out of whatever kind of beer I wanted too, if you could even get close enough to the bar to ask for one... :cry:
Yeah, I'm all set with that noise. Mid winter Saturdays, I'll opt for

VT: Magic, Pico, Middlebury, Burke, Bolton and maybe Mt Ellen at Bush.

NH: Cannon, Wildcat, Black, Whaleback, Dartmouth or Crotched. Ragged used to be in that group. Don't know enough about Granite Gorge, but perhaps there too.

ME: Abram, Shawnee, Black, Big Rock. Also that hill near Skowhegan. Eaton? Haven't skied it, but it looked great from the base in summer.

Mind you, I haven't skied some of these, but I do know their crowding reputation.

I skied with my two year old today at a local park. Slow speed quad chairless lift. ;)

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.