Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 24

AlpineZone

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    I heard Whiteface was OK today. Wanted to go but the roads were such a bad mess would have taken forever to get there. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Burke never opened their main lift.

Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Burke never opened their main lift.
    When I checked Okemos webcam around 1pm the orange bubble lift was stopped and waving around in the wind.

Football, mountain biking, and beer is on the agenda this weekend. MTB trails should be frozen up quite nicely by tomorrow morning. Glorious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Jay Peak report.

Received 3-4 inches of snow which was the lower ranger of most forecasts. Disappointing. The mountain skied quite well in the morning but damage was extensive. Many open streams and some very exposed runs are not fully covered anymore. The woods held up well especially higher up the mountain. By mid day, snow stopped and runs got scraped-up rapidly. Hard stuff with small mounds of soft snow.

Ain't going to be great till we get another 12 inches.

I could have skied today, but I had some issues getting my new bindings mounted so I have to another week to ski.

Sorry i have to vent as only you guys would understand. On top of the worst week ive had in years..now this. I cancelled a trip to vail..ate 1600 bucks..and now this. We we nt fr om ski temps and 100 % open to ..this..vail went from 35 trails to 150..im just floored. My wife is still going..and im going to Stowe for the week next weekend..im an idiot..i never screw up like this..im out thousands..friggon hotel at stowe is another 600..holy crap..what a mess..all i can hope for is a recovery..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
    I heard Whiteface was OK today. Wanted to go but the roads were such a bad mess would have taken forever to get there. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app
    I confirm. Whiteface was great today.

Driving up last nite was horrible. Heavy rain was ok, but the fog was so thick i couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. I was mostly driving based on reflectors on the sides of the highway and lane marking.

Switch over to snow happened around midnite to 1am. Woke up to about 4" but definitely around 5-6" on the trails. And it snowed most of the day until about 3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Gladerider

Quote Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
    It was decent. A tale of two mountains. Everything from the base to midway skied very nice, but the summit was icy and not worth it. Plus the summit lift was slow & COLD today. Snowfall was a little disappointing as they only got 6"and I was hoping for 10". Stopped snowing around 2pm. No woods are open. Should be a nice day tomorrow, but COLD, not making it out of the negatives until late in the day. The town looks beautiful with the fresh snowfall.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Sorry i have to vent as only you guys would understand. On top of the worst week ive had in years..now this. I cancelled a trip to vail..ate 1600 bucks..and now this. We we nt fr om ski temps and 100 % open to ..this..vail went from 35 trails to 150..im just floored. My wife is still going..and im going to Stowe for the week next weekend..im an idiot..i never screw up like this..im out thousands..friggon hotel at stowe is another 600..holy crap..what a mess..all i can hope for is a recovery..
    Sorry for your misfortune. Did you overthink things? Is there a lesson you've learned that you'd share with the rest of us -who have or will go down the same path?

The Snowmaking Capital of the WORLD made its name proud. Fresh manmande on Minya, Hellgate, Cliff, Bleeker, 7th and Kennedy better each run.

Thread Information