Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr - Page 32

AlpineZone

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Short version of 2018 so far.... Saturdays are proving to present a BIG amount of mother nature challenges to people trying to get out and enjoy sliding down a hill!! Stupid cold the first Saturday.... Post mega rain/warm then flash freeze the second Saturday... Now BIG winds, but finally sun and comfortable temps today... Fingers crossed that next Saturday will be just a "boring" mid Winter day!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10,16,17,23,26,29,20,31 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)
    January: 1,6,7,14,20 (Mount Snow) 15 (Willard)

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Stratton lift line 9am ish

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    And scraped off clean by 9:15am I'm sure...

So glad I'm lucky and fortunate enough to be able to do the majority of my skiing mid-week. Snowshoe and ski the local bumps on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    And scraped off clean by 9:15am I'm sure...
    I didnt stay to find out. Early access, 4 runs, then off to magic when we saw that shitshow. What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Stratton lift line 9am ish

Wow. Not my idea of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely crazy. I don't blame you. I'd of left for somewhere quieter too. When the resorts get like that, the small community areas end up being more enjoyable.

When its that crowded, the way my luck would be, the bar would be out of whatever kind of beer I wanted too, if you could even get close enough to the bar to ask for one...

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Absolutely crazy. I don't blame you. I'd of left for somewhere quieter too. When the resorts get like that, the small community areas end up being more enjoyable.

When its that crowded, the way my luck would be, the bar would be out of whatever kind of beer I wanted too, if you could even get close enough to the bar to ask for one...
    Yeah, I'm all set with that noise. Mid winter Saturdays, I'll opt for

VT: Magic, Pico, Middlebury, Burke, Bolton and maybe Mt Ellen at Bush.

NH: Cannon, Wildcat, Black, Whaleback, Dartmouth or Crotched. Ragged used to be in that group. Don't know enough about Granite Gorge, but perhaps there too.

ME: Abram, Shawnee, Black, Big Rock. Also that hill near Skowhegan. Eaton? Haven't skied it, but it looked great from the base in summer.

Mind you, I haven't skied some of these, but I do know their crowding reputation.

I skied with my two year old today at a local park. Slow speed quad chairless lift.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

I skied with my two year old today at a local park. Slow speed quad chairless lift.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Way to get out after it.

I don't know want it looked like today but for NY you can add Plattekill to your list.

Thread Information