• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tell me about Southern Vermont towns please....

ShadyGrove

We stayed at this place called stone wall inn near magic a couple years ago. Total eco friendly, very cool place

I'm familiar with the Stone Boat Inn in Jamaica and the Stone Hearth Inn in Chester, but don't know the Stone Wall Inn.

tnt1234 - Thursday should be spring like skiing (although overcast) at Magic, but Friday will be wet all over New England. Have fun either way or maybe we will see you next time.

tnt1234

I'm familiar with the Stone Boat Inn in Jamaica and the Stone Hearth Inn in Chester, but don't know the Stone Wall Inn.

tnt1234 - Thursday should be spring like skiing (although overcast) at Magic, but Friday will be wet all over New England. Have fun either way or maybe we will see you next time.

Yeah, I'm going NEXT thursday.

rocks860

Domeskier

I have never been to Jamaica, but I'm not sure the skiing would be all that good. They once had a world class bobsled team, though, so what do I know.

rocks860

Isn't that place funky - I'll keep that in mind when folks are asking about Magic accommodations. Thanks for the info!

It was very interesting for sure. Entire place is heated by a wood stove in the common area. All the rooms are different. We didn’t have to climb up any hills, there was parking right behind the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellytele

It was very interesting for sure. Entire place is heated by a wood stove in the common area. All the rooms are different. We didn’t have to climb up any hills, there was parking right behind the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The road is hilly not the walking

tnt1234

What about Dover?

Given the carnage this weekend, and given that the mid week storm seems to be petering out, Mt. Snow might be our best best.

Was there once years ago, but don't remember it well. Is there a nice downtown, or should I just try to find something affordable at the mountain?

Glenn

Nice area over there; Dover and Willmington. You're not that far out of Brattleboro either if you want to head there for dinner or just to walk around.

tnt1234

Wilmington looks like a nice town - close to Snow which is where I think we will end up.

Nice place?