• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tell me about Southern Vermont towns please....

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
We boarded Okemo last week and stayed at Chester House (not recommended) in Chester VT. A few solid looking BnB's in that town. Moon Dog Cafe has great scones, tea and coffee. In Ludlow, we LOVED Homestyle Hostel for dinner and drinks. SUBLIME. Okemo's parking is a mess. So so mountain overall. Lotta lifts closed last weekend due to wind. Super nice ambassadors.

tnt1234

We ended up in Wilmington last time, and it was nice. Think we might try Manchester for the next one.

Edd

Just tried a couple of nights at the Equinox in Manchester. We found it pretty nice but it was mid-week so very chill. The nearby Taconic hotel had a great restaurant and made us curious to try that hotel the next time we went.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

That place looks very nice, I think it’s relatively new. My friends parents stayed at the reluctant panther for his wedding and said it was really nice. It’s right next to the equinox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnt1234

Taconic looks great, but $500 a night on Pres. Day weekend. Think we'll hit one of the motels on that east side of town. I read the Perfect Wife is a fun dinner/bar spot, so that will be right there.

rocks860

Perfect wife was decent when I went there last year, nothing special.

Glenn

Manchester is a nice town. Plenty of stuff to do and places to eat. We make it up there a few times a year.

rocks860

Manchester is a nice town. Plenty of stuff to do and places to eat. We make it up there a few times a year.

I stopped there on the way back from sugarbush last weekend. Very nice town. Turkey panini at christos is the bomb

GregoryIsaacs

Cilantro in Manchester also has some of the best burritos/tortilla chips I've ever had.

tnt1234

Just booked a motel in Manchester for Fri/Sat of the holiday.....looking forward to our first time at Magic....pray for more snow!

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
If you end up at Okemo, def eat at Homestyle Hostel for dinner and perhaps, lodging. SUBLIME food. We stayed at a place I'd NOT recommend in Chester but there are a lot of places there as well, to stay. Homestyle is NOT to miss. The craft beers, mixology and legit food, blew me away.

Glenn

Wood Fired Pizza in Manchester is a good place to get some pizza. It's a small, counter order type of place. It can get busy on the weekends.

tnt1234

Best beer bar in Manchester?

(and thanks for all the recommendations in the thread!)

ShadyGrove

Best beer bar in Manchester?

(and thanks for all the recommendations in the thread!)

Not any spectacular spots. Swing into the Crooked Ram, which is a good bottle shop. They usually have 8 or so taps to fill crowlers as well.

For a general selection of good VT beers, Manchester Discount Beverage has a decent cooler and will have more options than the grocery stores. Other good spots for picking up a 4 pack near the ski mountains are the Bromley Market and the JJ Hapgood store in Peru (both have a small but strong selection).