• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Helmet

gnardawg

In the market for a new helmet and leaning toward Bern Heist Brim Helmet. 100% look for a brim but would like to hear others thoughts.

mikec142

I have a Smith Variance that I like...It's got a brim, but it's not a huge one. I find the larger brims push my goggle down on my nose.

Cornhead

Happy with POC Fornix, no brim. Alot warmer than the Smith Variant Brim it replaced. Pretty cheap too, about $60 IIRC.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

Happy with POC Fornix, no brim. Alot warmer than the Smith Variant Brim it replaced. Pretty cheap too, about $60 IIRC.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
That's what I have. Mine is falling apart and I need another - but not $60. I think more like $140 but you can find odd colors or other odd deals. I did duct tape the front vents on first day as they gave me brain freeze lol. Also found it only seems to fit well with POC goggles, not a big deal - just can't buy cheapo goggles without having a gap (I found).