Belleayre 1-11-18: new gondi and soft snow - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You figure if NYS can spend a few mil on a gondi, new trails, and a ski bridge, a nicer fence could be installed. Like this one, split-rail to wood lined sidewalls.Capture canyon-1.JPG
    Snowflakes matter

No one will notice the fencing on the bridge. They will be concentrating on what they will find on the blind drop just beyond the bridge. Newb yard sale, snow boarder gathering, etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

I didn’t even notice the fence, or think about it, until it was mentioned here.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

This weather is such a bummer that all we can talk about is a fence at Bellayre.
    Snowflakes matter

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    You figure if NYS can spend a few mil on a gondi, new trails, and a ski bridge, a nicer fence could be installed. Like this one, split-rail to wood lined sidewalls.Capture canyon-1.JPG
    Proper planning makes such a difference in everything.

Some people don't care I guess but I do and I like good designs. The metal fencing looks terrible and cheap and has a prison/school yard feel to it. ghetto is the first word that pops into my head. They should try a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    this kind of fence would be a joke. If there is any amount of accumulation from snowmaking, that fence would end up being 6 inches high, and people would be skiing right off it. You can't negligently build hazardous structures and tell people ski at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by da-bum View Post
    this kind of fence would be a joke. If there is any amount of accumulation from snowmaking, that fence would end up being 6 inches high, and people would be skiing right off it. You can't negligently build hazardous structures and tell people ski at your own risk.
    You could make the lower part a foot or 2 taller...

Thread Information