Drive from Burlington to Jay Peak - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yea...amazing what a huge difference snow tires make vs all seasons. First thing I did when I bought my new truck last year was buy a set of snow tires.
    After years of anxiety inducing travel to VT on all season tires, I sprang for snow tires this year. The difference is night and day. Can't believe I waited this long. You still have to be smart though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    After years of anxiety inducing travel to VT on all season tires, I sprang for snow tires this year. The difference is night and day. Can't believe I waited this long. You still have to be smart though.
    Night and day is definitely the case. What most people don't realize is that winter tires are not really about thread but about rubber compound. All season tires harden with lower temperatures and rapidly lose adherence in the cold. This becomes extremely acute in single digit temperature in which case all-season tires are downright dangerous.

You might get by with all season tires when temperature is in the mid-twenties and deicing salts do a good job, but when you're close to 0, all-season tires are a liability.

20170208_092710.jpg

Huge difference with these on, and yes, the colder it gets, the better they bite.

Thread Information